US stock market indices the day GWB took office....

taterhill

Still the biggest factor to our economy is run by someone no one elects and that's the Fed Reserve.

I'd vote for the SEC myself. They're the bozo's that had regulatory oversight over the Wall Street investment banks and insurers that are getting crushed in a liquidity trap. The Fed oversees commercial banks, which are largely healthy and nowhere near as fugged up.

The chief reform to come out of this fiasco will be to give the Fed oversight of all major financial intermediaries, in addition to the banks already under their umbrella.

No one elects the Supreme Court, wanna ditch them, too?

Because you don't understand the Constitution at all it might come as a shock that justices have to be voted in by Congress and Congress also reserves the right to impeach justices for not following the law and going rogue. They should have done so, but the majority of lawyers that are Senators will have a hard time throwing out their fellow Judge/Lawyer buddies even if they disagree to keep the power centralized with attorneys.

Call me crazy, but doesn't it seem odd that attorneys are the only profession which doesn't need re-licensing and can "legally" abuse truth in order to gain "justice" for their client with no ramifications for their actions after they obfuscated and were manifestly mendacious? Seems odd doesn't it...

The chief reform to come out of this fiasco will be to give the Fed oversight of all major financial intermediaries, in addition to the banks already under their umbrella.

That's like giving a murderer the ability to be his own judge. The Fed caused this problem with lowering the rates artificially and making a bubble to stop the 1st recession under Bush. Now they are bailing out their buddies on Wall St and crushing the common man on Main St.