US stock market indices the day GWB took office....

taterhill

THEN

DJIA 10,578.24

S&P 1,342.90

Nasdaq 2,770.38

NOW

DJIA 11,421.99

S&P 1,251.70

NASDAQ 2,261.27

Discuss

All three indices ended in even numbers back then, but now 2 of them end in odd numbers now.

The beginning digits have remained the same, as have the overall number of digits.

I'm not quite sure what you're going for here, but I figured I'd help give your thread a jump start.

All three indices ended in even numbers back then, but now 2 of them end in odd numbers now.

The beginning digits have remained the same, as have the overall number of digits.

I'm not quite sure what you're going for here, but I figured I'd help give your thread a jump start.

Go Rutgers :lol:

Are we better off than we were 8 years ago?

When Bush took office:

Unemployment 4.2%

Budget: $281 billion surplus

National Debt: $5.7 trillion

Gas: $1.50

2008:

Unemployment: 6.1%

Budget: $357 billion deficit

National Debt: $9.7 trillion

Gas: $4.00

Me thinks that the numbers would be a tad skewed due to the fact that the US has been at war for 8 !@#$ing years.

That's true and we can't any of that blame on Bush....oh wait. :lol:

I'm not going to begin debating with you the war on Iraq as that has been debated for the last 8 years. What I do know is that difficult decisions were made that may have been right or wrong but I personally don't think either party would have acted differently.

Of course since they probably say they would've (since it's easy to speak when you're not in that position), then i'll take your word for it and say it's Bush's fault.

(Guess which smily I want to put)

Are we better off than we were 8 years ago?

When Bush took office:

Unemployment 4.2%

Budget: $281 billion surplus

National Debt: $5.7 trillion

Gas: $1.50

2008:

Unemployment: 6.1%

Budget: $357 billion deficit

National Debt: $9.7 trillion

Gas: $4.00

How much is that Bush's fault? Probably 25% with recent increases to entitlements and the war. Still the biggest factor to our economy is run by someone no one elects and that's the Fed Reserve.

How much is that Bush's fault? Probably 25% with recent increases to entitlements and the war. Still the biggest factor to our economy is run by someone no one elects and that's the Fed Reserve.

Cutting taxes during expensive wars is not fiscally responsible. Relaxing regulations on financial corporations is not being responsible. Those were both done by Bush and the Repub Congress.

No one elects the Supreme Court, wanna ditch them, too?

Article III Section I:

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

I can't seem to find the part that mentions the Federal Reserve