Just a few things..

BillsObserver

Just a few things about the game:

- Anyone notice how "on edge" Donte Whitner appeared to be? He seemed to hover over anyone he'd tackle for a few seconds extra almost to let them know what's up. I saw the highlight of McGee's interception and Donte pretty much tossed the opposing receiver off McGee. Besides that, I think his leadership is really starting to show more than ever. He brings an attitude to the D that I haven't seen in a while.

- We escaped this game without any significant injuries (maybe even no injuries at all). That's a huge plus considering Jacksonville is one of the more physical teams in the NFL.

- Jack Del Rio really annoyed me today. I understand being into the game and really getting excited over some plays but he seemed to be a bit over the top today with his celebrations. The exact opposite of Jauron.

- Ashton Youboty is the season's biggest surprise thus far. This kid made some gigantic tackles today.

- I just get the sense that Fred Jackson is still under appreciated in some circles. Not here or anything because I think mostly everyone has noticed his good play but because he's not a flashy, big talker, he doesn't get that spotlight which is totally fine with me. In a way, his identity is very similar to that of the entire team. He shows up and gets the job done. I'm just happy the guy got a real chance last year. Like Greer, I loved his play in pre-season (last year) and thought he could add to the team. His responsibility has definitely grown since last year.

- Can't wait for Marshawn's break out performance of the season. Maybe it happens at the Ralph this Sunday? Despite not putting up gaudy numbers, he's still produced touchdowns in both games.

- The 2 biggest problems I had with the D today was the tackling problem and the lack of pressure from our ends. You can correct one of those problems, not sure about the other one.

- And just one last note about how quickly my depression went away during the game. During the 3rd quarter, when it seemed like we'd never get the ball back again, I just couldn't shake the feeling of "Oh boy, here we go again," especially after that onside kick. And then, when Trent stepped up and threw that 35 yard strike to Lee, I knew this team was just different than the teams of the last few years. I was so damn excited, I can't explain it nor will I even try. Winning a road game isn't easy in the NFL, especially against a pretty good team like Jacksonville (that's 2 playoff teams from last year we've beaten).

I can't wait for next Sunday. I'm happy the game is at the Ralph. I'm not looking ahead like a lot of folks are (the 5-0 talk), because this league is so damn unpredictable, anything can happen on any given week. I'm hoping for 3-0 at this point. As corny as it sounds, I'm just taking it week to week with my excitement. I don't want to think about playoffs even though the thought is creeping in my mind as each day passes.

GO BILLS!

I knew this team was just different than the teams of the last few years. I was so damn excited, I can't explain it nor will I even try.

Absolutely.

The last time we had a start like this (whupping NE in the opener) you still had a feeling that there were some smoke and mirrors involved. This past week I've seen some comparisons to that season around here and suggestions to not get ahead of ourselves.

While I agree with the sentiment I've yet to see anything taht makes me think that this team bears any resemblance to that group. I think this squad is a completely different animal. They're very solid, very composed, as tough mentally as they are physically and there is no reason in the world they can't win this division.

Absolutely.

The last time we had a start like this (whupping NE in the opener) you still had a feeling that there were some smoke and mirrors involved.

Exactly. That was Greggo, Bledsoe and Jerry Gray, right? For the second consecutive year we have beaten a Greggo defense. I hereby proclaim him overrated, and no longer relevant.

One thing I would like to add-

I have not seen this board so positive about the Bills ever! And I was here way before 2001

check the gamethread if your desperate for a solid dose of negativity :thumbsup:...........seemed like half the board was mailing it in when we were down by one score with plenty of time left