Grading Jason Peters

Kelly the Dog

I just went back and watched every single play that Peters was in on and keyed on him. He played very well overall under the circumstances.

I gave grades for each play.

Excellent.

Good.

Did His Job.

Fair.

Poor.

Didn't Matter.

If it was a pass play, and he completely took out his man to become a non-factor, I gave him a "Good"

If it was a quick pass or run to the other side where all he had to do is stand there and not make a mistake I gave him a "Didn't matter"

If he simply did his job but didnt move his man, although his man was a non-factor, I gave him a "Did his job".

If he didnt really get a great block but his man had no effect on the play I gave him a "fair".

He got three ratings of "Poor". One was the sack, although it really wasn't awful on numerous reviews. Trent had a seven step drop and had time to throw. He didn't step up. Peters pushed his man to the outside and the guy made a good play, just getting to Trent from behind. I still rated that a "Poor". But it wasn't completely awful. The other two "Poor" ratings were run plays where no one else did well either and they resulted in two yard losses to Peters side. He didnt get beat on any pass play other than the sack.

He had:

Excellent: 3

Good: 14

Did His Job: 9

Fair: 2

Poor: 3

Didnt Matter: 6

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Actually... if you buy Kelly's analysis, it'd be closer to a B- .

Considering the heat, Temp wise and Del Rio wise, B- isn't to bad.

I kept thinking of that Johnny Cash song, ring of fire, especially when TE went down :thumbsup:

Taskers on the field before the game " and it burns, burns, burns " and I'm thinking OMG, I hope our depth can help us here or we are cooked Buffalo meat. :lol:

I just went back and watched every single play that Peters was in on and keyed on him. He played very well overall under the circumstances.

Thanks for the time and effort K. Much appreciated.

I thought he looked a little rusty at times but acquited himself fairly well.

A good start bodes for a better future.

Thanks for the time and effort K. Much appreciated.

I thought he looked a little rusty at times but acquited himself fairly well.

A good start bodes for a better future.

Well, Marshawn likes to run right a little more, and Trent takes quick drops to the right and gets the ball off fast, so that helps. But he surely just beats his man play after play. He looked a little rusty on two sweeps, the two plays I rated him poor, which resulted in two yard losses. But again, no one blocked on those plays and they were just strung out with nowhere to run. I agree with your Walker post, he has turned into a good signing. Overall, we still don't have great run blocking but it could get better. Shonert has done a good job disguising it.

Actually... if you buy Kelly's analysis, it'd be closer to a B- .

I would have thought higher than that.....makes me wonder what a 'normal' LT would get(under the KTFABD rating system).

I don't suppose Kelly wants to analyse a few more games of OTs :thumbsup:

I would have thought higher than that.....makes me wonder what a 'normal' LT would get(under the KTFABD rating system).

I don't suppose Kelly wants to analyse a few more games of OTs :thumbsup:

It's hard to grade a guy when so many plays he has nothing to do with. Like a quick run or pass to the right where his man reads it and doesn't really rush hard. I didn't want to grade those as "good" since it had no effect on the play, even if he blew the block. He stood up well though, pretty much the entire game.

Well, Marshawn likes to run right a little more, and Trent takes quick drops to the right and gets the ball off fast, so that helps. But he surely just beats his man play after play. He looked a little rusty on two sweeps, the two plays I rated him poor, which resulted in two yard losses. But again, no one blocked on those plays and they were just strung out with nowhere to run. I agree with your Walker post, he has turned into a good signing. Overall, we still don't have great run blocking but it could get better. Shonert has done a good job disguising it.

This was a tough spot for Peters. Physical defense, playing in 100 degree weather & only having a week of practice. I thought he came out reasonablly well given the circumstances.

I would grade him about a D+. Where did he run-block effectively?

Lynch's TD run. He took the right side LB and turned him while Fowler did the same to the MLB and Lynch ran right between Fowler and Peters through the 4 yards wide lane they had created. Butler and Dockery did the same to the tackles.

I thought PayMe Peters looked like schitt - no better than a D, and no new contract. Not for whiffing on blocks that cause TE to give up the ball.

Stick to bowling, PayMe.

Why don't you go through a play by play analysis like Kelly did and show where he is wrong in his assessment? Of course, that would require you to actually prove a point rather than impressing yourself with your not so clever insults and put downs. The other kids in gym class must think you're awesome.