Wow, reality creeps back in

Beerball

Where ya at Beerball? Ike broke the levee's near my home like Rita did, only this time the water didn't get into my house. My whole little town looks like a lake right now, and I literally cannot see my yard. The house looks like it's floating, but at least i'm not bailing buckets of water out of my house tonight. I'll have a hell of a landscaping job to do as soon as the water goes down though. Me neighbor who's house sits lower than mine got 1 1/2 feet in their house. A house 8 houses down from mine got 5 feet of water in their house.

Gustav significantly damaged my roof, and Ike nearly got the rest of it.

I haven't been watching the news, it was a football weekend. Now that the Sunday night game is over the news is on. Galveston is a mess, uninhabitable right now.

supposedly there are some towns north of galveston on the coast that got it even worse

Where ya at Beerball? Ike broke the levee's near my home like Rita did, only this time the water didn't get into my house. My whole little town looks like a lake right now, and I literally cannot see my yard. The house looks like it's floating, but at least i'm not bailing buckets of water out of my house tonight. I'll have a hell of a landscaping job to do as soon as the water goes down though. Me neighbor who's house sits lower than mine got 1 1/2 feet in their house. A house 8 houses down from mine got 5 feet of water in their house.

where r u cajun??

Hey Joey. I'm untouched safe n sound just north of Dallas. You continue to be in our thoughts!

Crude is down $6/bbl and the Dow futures are down 400. :lol:

I hope everyone is doing well after the storms. The Galveston/Houston areas look rough. I'm sure we'll hear about surrounding areas being just as bad or worse just like with Mississippi during Katrina. :lol:

At least we're 2-0. :thumbsup:

I haven't been watching the news, it was a football weekend. Now that the Sunday night game is over the news is on. Galveston is a mess, uninhabitable right now.

I've got some family in the Houston area. I talked to one of them Saturday around Noon. He said they lost a couple of trees and a window. He told me another family member lost part of their roof. Most importanty though, everyone was safe. No power, but safe.

I keep thinking about how I don't feel sorry for all those people who were told to leave but refused, right up until I saw some 5 year old kid on the news this morning. He didn't have any say in the decision to stay.

I keep thinking about how I don't feel sorry for all those people who were told to leave but refused, right up until I saw some 5 year old kid on the news this morning. He didn't have any say in the decision to stay.

2 million people were asked to stay, many of them will be without power for up to a month, and have significant damage to their homes. Houston is pretty much without any gasoline either at the moment. There are signs in Austin telling people to not drive to Houston and Beaumont because of the lack of gasoline.