Week 1 prediction (unfortunately) looking good

Max Fischer

Max Fischer

post Sep 7 2008, 08:27 PM

Post #1

2 - That said. This is a team that nearly went 19-0 last year. 19 and frickin' zero. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised they will game plan and rally to a 10-6 or 11-5 record AND beat the Bills at home. Say what you want, but the Pats are a damn good team and Billy B is a great coach.

Don't book your flight to a division championship just yet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

== I brought this up last week. Granted Jets are not that good - but still - if the Pats (likely) beat Miami their 3-0. I think they beat Miami again and Jets at home - that's 5 wins. I say they win can win 5 of the remaining 11 for 10 wins (including Bills at home). Therefore I think Bills need 10 wins with tiebreaker or 11 wins to win outright.

No matter how you look at Pats are an above .500 team.

you're a superstar....did you really quote yourelf in a new thread?

Yeah, so?

I just find it amusing that predicting a 10-6 Pats record was blasphemy and treasonous last week. Now the responses are "of course they are." What a difference a week makes. (in fact, the thread was closed due to flared tempers).

Yeah, so?

I just find it amusing that predicting a 10-6 Pats record was blasphemy and treasonous last week. Now the responses are "of course they are." What a difference a week makes. (in fact, the thread was closed due to flared tempers).

Please post the link where I said 10-6 was blasphemy.

They're not a lousy 6-10 team.

They're not a SB contender.

Anyone who argued either point last week was smoking dope.

The idea behind the excitement of #12's injury is that since the Bills are likely neither of those things themselves, they now have a non-zero chance of winning the division.

edit: sorry, I (foolishly) thought it was "about me" when you quoted me.

I don't know-they barely beat the Chiefs & then beat a team that barely beat the Dolphins. Don't count the Patriots in yet. The Jets run D was flat out bad today & Favre was no great shakes either. Earlier this week Fred Smerlas called the Jets frauds. He was right and that still doesn't mean the Pats are any good. Will they win next week? Sure, how can they lose to the dreadful Dolphins (boy saying that feels so good). Cassel looked very shaky in the middle of the game before the Pats runners took over. Lets see how he does against SD, Den, Ind, THE BILLS, Pittsburgh, Seattle (when they should have their players back) & even Arizona. I see 7-8 losses there. Just remember-we get the Browns & Jacksonville, who we already beat; the Patriots get Pittsburgh & Indy in their place. The Division is ours!

I don't know-they barely beat the Chiefs & then beat a team that barely beat the Dolphins. Don't count the Patriots in yet. The Jets run D was flat out bad today & Favre was no great shakes either. Earlier this week Fred Smerlas called the Jets frauds. He was right and that still doesn't mean the Pats are any good. Will they win next week? Sure, how can they lose to the dreadful Dolphins (boy saying that feels so good). Cassel looked very shaky in the middle of the game before the Pats runners took over. Lets see how he does against SD, Den, Ind, THE BILLS, Pittsburgh, Seattle (when they should have their players back) & even Arizona. I see 7-8 losses there. Just remember-we get the Browns & Jacksonville, who we already beat; the Patriots get Pittsburgh & Indy in their place. The Division is ours!

I see the Pats "in" until they're "out."