Why the Pats beating the Jets is good...

duey

I wish we were playing the Pats and Jets now because its obvious both teams stink. Maybe the Pats will find their rhythm later when we play them. Right now they are terrible. This game also revealed what frauds the Jets are. Favre Schmavre! He cost them the game with his chuck-n-duck passes. The division race will be between us and the Pats. The Jets and Fins will battle for the cellar.

PTR

I wish we were playing the Pats and Jets now because its obvious both teams stink. Maybe the Pats will find their rhythm later when we play them. Right now they are terrible. This game also revealed what frauds the Jets are. Favre Schmavre! He cost them the game with his chuck-n-duck passes. The division race will be between us and the Pats. The Jets and Fins will battle for the cellar.

PTR

His lame duck pass would have been picked off last week too if they had been playing anyone but the Dolphins. The fact is, this is the first time in years that the Patsies have looked truly vulnerable and the game today showed the weaknesses of both these teams. Buffalo, if they can continue to play at this level, looks good enough to make a run at a playoff spot and potentially a division crown. We need to win the home game against NE this year, though, if we really want to have a chance. Both of us could be 10-6 or 11-5 when the time comes, and we can't afford to have two of our losses to NE.

His lame duck pass would have been picked off last week too if they had been playing anyone but the Dolphins. The fact is, this is the first time in years that the Patsies have looked truly vulnerable and the game today showed the weaknesses of both these teams. Buffalo, if they can continue to play at this level, looks good enough to make a run at a playoff spot and potentially a division crown. We need to win the home game against NE this year, though, if we really want to have a chance. Both of us could be 10-6 or 11-5 when the time comes, and we can't afford to have two of our losses to NE.

19-0 baby :wallbash:

...plus you knew they were going to play lights out for him this week...

I think you said it all above. I can't be sure, but I would imagine that the Patriots players were probably tired of hearing "Brady this" and "Brady that" as though there were no other players on the field except for Brady. In an odd sort of way, the loss of Brady might actually breathe some life into this team. They want to show the nation that they are a great team even without Brady and they will be playing their best football every single week this season! Belichick remains one of the top coaches in the game. Yes, he is a sore loser and a cheater, but that aside, he can still prepare a team for Sunday probably better than anyone else can. Until they are dethroned, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC and that's just the reality of it. Obviously, the Bills are looking good and should be able to compete with NE this season (and I can't wait), but until the Bills actually defeat this Belichick-coached team it will still be Patriots Patriots Patriots in the media.

*EDIT* Not that the Patriots needed life -- they did go 18-1, but they just looked machine-like last year -- as though football wasn't fun any longer -- probably because all of the cheater talk. Brady just looked miserable during the Super Bowl -- not loose at all -- not having any fun -- and I think it kind of spread around the whole team. The pressure was just too much between the stress of going 19-0, the cheater talk, and facing a really good Super Bowl opponent. How do you follow a year like that? It's got to be tough. With Brady out, the team can sort of get re-inspired to show they are not a bunch of duds w/o Brady -- that's what I meant by "new life" -- sort of gives the team a new and fresh purpose this season. Do not underestimate this team. It sure would be nice to see us out-coach them for a change. I think it could happen this year finally, but it will take a real effort.

Go Bills!!

Because it will shut up all the jackass Jets fan and New York City media who all this past week were giving the division to the Jets, without even a mention that there might be another team that could have something to say about it.

These idiots were predicting a Jets blowout and an easy win of the division...and this includes the media. Amazing. We can't get to the Pats and Jets games fast enough for me. :thumbsup:

I am amazed at how many people worry about what the media thinks or says, who cares.

The Jets were overrated, barely beat the Phins and probably shouldnt have beat them then got dominated at home by the Pats for their 8th consecutive loss to them at home.

The Jets didnt and still dont scare me.

I was thinking the same thing. I was rooting for NE in that one. Now they can pipe down about Favre. The Jets are mediocore. NE will be competitive, but will lack the ability to finish off teams and win close ones without the golden boy.

The AFC East is OURS.

easy son