Brad Butler, ST, DT's, Favre, et al

The Big Cat

Okay what the Heck? After a tremendous first drive, Brad Butler single handedly cost us 20 yards during the next possession. A nice one-two would have been clutch, but his hold on first down and then getting BLOWN up on 2nd down for another 10 yard loss totally killed the offensive's momentum. Normally, I like to praise Brad, but after the possession, I say, tisk tisk.

Special Teams broke even today. After a few blunders- specifically penalties and Freddie J. laying on the field- they still put forth a solid effort. Moorman had a rock solid day as usual, Lindel hit his 10,000th chip in a row, but also got the 45 yarder to seal the deal. Bravo! Hats off to Parrish again for setting up that final possession!

I was a bit disappointed in our DT's today. Even though they played well ENOUGH, I expected them to dominate the Jags backups on the OLine. It seemed after we ate them alive on the first drive, they did a good job of keeping our DLine honest and at bay. While it seemed at times like we were getting gashed by the run, we only gave up 99 yards total. If we were taking players down on the first hit, Jacksonville might not even cracked 100 yards for both passing AND rushing! :devil: But alas, as folly countered brilliance all day, KYLE WILLIAMS, PLAY OF THE GAME! (Youboty = Defensive MVP, though)

Marshawn does for Freddie Jackson what Hardy does for Royal in the red zone.

If Hardy would have come down with that timing route he may have had an entire open field between him and the endzone. But I LOVED THE TD- I was going CRAZY!

We played a very stout defensive tough in their own house. The pass protection was superb (although TE gets a good deal of credit for that too!!), but JAX really made us earn it on the ground. It was quite the bout, and I'm glad we came out victorious!

The TD, on-sides, fumble combination could have been the knockout blow. Remember? Bills can't play in the heat! :w00t: But as bad as it was (and it was pretty f'ing bad) that string of events to start the second half only netted Jax 13 points. And they didn't score again after that. I give loads of credit to the offense for attacking, attacking, attacking (except to end the second quarter! :doh: ), but the defense didn't quit today. The whole team deserves a day off!

AND NO ONE GOT HURT!

OT: Brett Favre is washed up. He has NOTHING on the ball. Anyone watching this game? UGLY! Also NE hasn't so much as LOOKED at Randy Moss in this game (1 catch 8 yards). Pressure, building, anger, rising, CANCER SPREADING! :lol:

As for the OL, were the heat and crowd noise to blame, if not the shuffling of the O-line?

The DL was getting held, blatantly, all game long. Chalk it up to the refs realizing how bad-off the Jags were and helping them out. :devil:

That pass to Hardy that was overthrown would have been a nice gainer. Hopefully we'll see more of Hardy from now on.

As for the OL, were the heat and crowd noise to blame, if not the shuffling of the O-line?

The DL was getting held, blatantly, all game long. Chalk it up to the refs realizing how bad-off the Jags were and helping them out. :devil:

That pass to Hardy that was overthrown would have been a nice gainer. Hopefully we'll see more of Hardy from now on.

Very good call. All game long, I don't know. At least 3,4 times, though.

As for the Hardy pass, may be- but his extension didn't seem strained and his balance didn't seem too outta wack. It hit him in the hands, so...

I thought the DL looked very solid in the first half. However, after being on the field for essentially 15 straight minutes, they were, understandably, hot and tired. Yet, they got it together in the end to preserve the win and that's what top ten D's are able to do. I think being super critical of the D is pushing things a bit.

The O-L had two bad plays all game, the two sacks, otherwise they have played very well. Three sacks given up in two games is pretty solid play. At two and oh, the Bills have looked like a solid team. I'm not getting overly excited at this point, because there is a lot of time left in the season for us to have all sorts of things happen, but I like the way this team has played.

That being said, I think your post shows the right mentality. Be excited about the start, but tempered about the future. Let's see how they look over the next three weeks against the Raiders, Rams, and Cardinals before going nuts.