Best football game I've seen in a long time

nodnarb

I just don't know where to begin here. That was the best pure football game I've seen us play in years. Del Rio coached a brilliant game and we still won. Folks, this is what enduring teams are made of. There won't be any 2003 early season head fake this year. This team is a legitimate contender.

Couple points:

If there's anyone out there who still questions Trent, ask yourself if you can really say to yourself that Losman would have had the game Trent just had - making all the right decisions in critical situations - the efficiency, the poise. I'm not pointing this out to criticize Losman because I really like the kid and I'm glad he's a Bill. I'm just saying this because we finally have a franchise quarterback. I believe Trent is the best QB we've had since Kelly, and there's a lot to look forward to here.

I think Youboty should get a game ball. He made several critical plays and that guy tackles very well. Looks like his situation really was about a late start followed by the "numbers game" at the position. The guy can really play.

If David Garrard had better receivers he'd be really, really dangerous. Thank goodness they've drafted so poorly at that position.

Fred Taylor has to be the best "old" running back in the game. Every time I watch him play I still wonder how the past ten years of Bills football might have been different if they hadn't made that boneheaded Jax trade that brought us Rob.

Also - we haven't had effective and BALLSY playcalling in a decade. Cheers to Turk - hope they have him locked up long term.

I haven't felt this way about the Bills since the 1988 team. Specifically, a young and talented Bills team that started the business of winning in a big BIG way. They got to 12-4 that year, and I don't think that record is out of reach this year given our schedule and the first two teams we beat. It's so great knowing that the coaches and the players have all hit their strides at the same time. I love this feeling baby! We've waited soooooooooooo long for this.