Sorry bacon lovers, Big Norm died today

Just Jack

and he was buried instead of slaughtered.

"Big Norm,'' the world's largest pig, died this morning

Hubbardsville, NY.-----Big Norm, arguably the world's largest pig at 1,600 pounds, died at 11:30 a.m. this morning in Hubbardsville. He was seven years old as of Aug. 17.

"Apparently it was a heart attack," said Kerry Dart, his owner. "It's hard to say for sure."

Dart checked on Norm this morning at which point he noticed the pig had raspy breathing, was acting restlessly, and refused to drink water out of a hose as he usually likes to do.

Dart buried Norm at his home, and said he plans to erect a memorial sign.

That remind me of this story:

A traveling salesman stays overnight with a farm family. When the family gathers to eat there's a pig seated at the table. And the pig has three medals hanging around his neck and a peg leg. The salesman says, "Um, I see you have a pig having dinner with you."

"Yes," says the farmer. "That's because he's a very special pig. You see those medals around his neck? Well, the first medal is from when our youngest son fell in the pond, and he was drowning, and that pig swam out and saved his life. The second medal, that's from when the barn caught fire and our little daughter was trapped in there and the pig ran inside, carried her out and saved her life. And the third medal, that's from when our oldest boy was cornered in the stock yard by a mean bull, and that pig ran under the fence and bit the bull on the tail and saved the boy's life."

"Yes," says the salesman, "I can see why you let that pig sit right at the table and have dinner with you. And I can see why you awarded him the medals. But how did he get the peg leg?"

"Well," says, the farmer, "a pig like that--you don't eat him all at once."

A traveling salesman stays overnight with a farm family. When the family gathers to eat there's a pig seated at the table. And the pig has three medals hanging around his neck and a peg leg. The salesman says, "Um, I see you have a pig having dinner with you."

"Yes," says the farmer. "That's because he's a very special pig. You see those medals around his neck? Well, the first medal is from when our youngest son fell in the pond, and he was drowning, and that pig swam out and saved his life. The second medal, that's from when the barn caught fire and our little daughter was trapped in there and the pig ran inside, carried her out and saved her life. And the third medal, that's from when our oldest boy was cornered in the stock yard by a mean bull, and that pig ran under the fence and bit the bull on the tail and saved the boy's life."

"Yes," says the salesman, "I can see why you let that pig sit right at the table and have dinner with you. And I can see why you awarded him the medals. But how did he get the peg leg?"

Ba dum bum! Ptsh! :thumbsup:

I thought George Wendt had died.

I thought the same thing when I saw it!!

"Apparently it was a heart attack," said Kerry Dart, his owner. "It's hard to say for sure."

Well crap! When you're made of bacon what else could it be!! His cholesterol must have been through the roof!!

I was wondering why there was a sudden bump in the price of bacon and ham at the store today. I guess this answers that question.

That pig could have fed all of the people that fled Houston for a day.

In other news, George Wendt could have fed Reliant Stadium three times over

That makes four of us. Incidentally, what do you think George Wendt's current cholesterol level is?

Five.

I was at a Rangers game once about 15 years ago and George Wendt was there. They put him up on the scoreboard during a timeout and the entire arena shouted "NOOOOOOOOORM!"

That's just stupid - everyone knows pigs can't swim.