Bit of info on post NFL Peerless

Beerball

Now that it appears his NFL career is over, expect to see Price at a number of Tennessee games in the future. He was at Saturday's game against UAB and plans to be back the following week for Florida.

Talk about a quick publication.

Guest dog14787

Before the neck injury I really thought Peerless proved he was still a very capable and dependable WR in the NFL, but to prevent any arguments I won't get into numbers.

I watched Peerless Prices career after his departure from Buffalo and I never stopped cheering for him even though he was very under appreciated and misused ( ignored) by Michael Vick in Atlanta. Part of the problem in Atlanta was, as much fun as it was to see Michael Vick run, he really wasn't a very good QB. Vick just never learned the offense well enough to put the ball where it needed to go, if it wasn't for Alge Crumpler, Vick probably gets canned a long time ago.

Peerless Price is a Marv Levy type player and I mean that as a big compliment. Marv Levy likes smart football players and Levy is a master at judging good character. We see evidence of it today, with the Bills front office, the coaching staff and with each and every player.

I billieve Peerless Price's heart stayed in Buffalo and I do wish he could have ended his career on a happier note,

but Peerless, I'm glad it all ended here were you belong, as a Buffalo Bill. :unsure:

Before the neck injury I really thought Peerless proved he was still a very capable and dependable WR in the NFL, but to prevent any arguments I won't get Peerless Price is a Marv Levy type player and I mean that as a big compliment. Marv Levy likes smart football players and Levy is a master at judging good character. We see evidence of it today, with the Bills front office, the coaching staff and with each and every player.

I billieve Peerless Price's heart stayed in Buffalo and I do wish he could have ended his career on a happier note,

I'm sorry. As soon as I watched Price stop chasing a much slower Steeler defender who was returning a fumble for a TD I was done with him. Eric Moulds did it right and chased a Raven for entire length of the field out of principle. Eric had heart. Peerless did not and I think that the original Peerless Price was the antithesis of a Marv Levy player. The newly humbled Price might have been a different guy in his second stint but his first go 'round was all about him.

Guest dog14787
I'm sorry. As soon as I watched Price stop chasing a much slower Steeler defender who was returning a fumble for a TD I was done with him. Eric Moulds did it right and chased a Raven for entire length of the field out of principle. Eric had heart. Peerless did not and I think that the original Peerless Price was the antithesis of a Marv Levy player. The newly humbled Price might have been a different guy in his second stint but his first go 'round was all about him.

I remember Lee Evans tracking down a defender and catching him from behind awhile back, Moulds, I don't remember that one, but hey, I like Eric Moulds, good for him.

So an athlete makes one mistake and thats it for you, your done. It doesn't even matter if the athlete may of had a good reason or not. Maybe he was spent, of course thats unaccetpable.

I tried to say something nice about Peerless Price, without bringing up numbers or anything else in the hopes that maybe, Peerless Price could be mentioned without negative comments.

Its just not happening. :thumbsup:

I remember Lee Evans tracking down a defender and catching him from behind awhile back, Moulds, I don't remember that one, but hey, I like Eric Moulds, good for him.

So an athlete makes one mistake and thats it for you, your done. It doesn't even matter if the athlete may of had a good reason or not. Maybe he was spent, of course thats unaccetpable.

I tried to say something nice about Peerless Price, without bringing up numbers or anthing else in the hopes that maybe, Peerless Price could be mentioned without negative comments.

Its just not happening. :thumbsup:

Sorry, everyone has the guys they despise and Peerless was one of mine and ina forum like this you can probably find someone who doesn't like just about every former Bill.

With regards to being spent on that particular play, he was chasing DeWayne Washington on a 63 yard fumble recovery, was within 5 yards, and was gaining on him, in the first quarter of a home game in September. He stopped chasing at the 40. Could he defienlty have stopped him? No. Would he have been close before the goaline, definetly.

It's like running out ground balls in baseball. You do it because it's what you're supposed to do. My current example is Jimmy Rollins. Jimmy Rollins is a bad ball player. He gets nice numbers and he's very talented but he's not on my team. He's had multiple problems this year with showing up late, not running plays out, making lazy errors, etc. Magically now that he feels like playing he's hitting .400 over the last 2 weeks. His BA will probably get over .290 and at the end of the year it will look like he had a good year. Don't be fooled.

A dog is a dog is a dog and Peerless Price was a dog. He played once in his career...his contract year before they dealt him to ATL

Guest dog14787
Sorry, everyone has the guys they despise and Peerless was one of mine and ina forum like this you can probably find someone who doesn't like just about every former Bill.

With regards to being spent on that particular play, he was chasing DeWayne Washington on a 63 yard fumble recovery, was within 5 yards, and was gaining on him, in the first quarter of a home game in September. He stopped chasing at the 40. Could he defienlty have stopped him? No. Would he have been close before the goaline, definetly.

It's like running out ground balls in baseball. You do it because it's what you're supposed to do. My current example is Jimmy Rollins. Jimmy Rollins is a bad ball player. He gets nice numbers and he's very talented but he's not on my team. He's had multiple problems this year with showing up late, not running plays out, making lazy errors, etc. Magically now that he feels like playing he's hitting .400 over the last 2 weeks. His BA will probably get over .290 and at the end of the year it will look like he had a good year. Don't be fooled.

A dog is a dog is a dog and Peerless Price was a dog. He played once in his career...his contract year before they dealt him to ATL

Right, and being the dog that he was, Michael Vick, discarded him like a worthless piece of trash, I know the story.

you don't like dogs very much do ya? Are you a cat lover maybe?

bad week for cats around here :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
I'm assuming those are intentional if not. :bag:

Not liking a player, I'm O.K. with that, but a dog is a dog is a dog, doggonit!!! now thats getting personal :thumbsup:

Not liking a player, I'm O.K. with that, but dog this, dog that, doggonit!!! now thats getting personal :thumbsup:

Any being that cannot manage it's own feces (save for a toddler) cannot come inside in my house, I assume you qualify for in house privileges. Gregg Williams has to wear a Depend at all times. He tends to soil himself on 3rd down.

Guest dog14787
Any being that cannot manage it's own feces (save for a toddler) cannot come inside in my house, I assume you qualify for in house privileges. Gregg Williams has to wear a Depend at all times. He tends to soil himself on 3rd down.

Cat liter shouldn't qualify, it still has to be removed. Besides, dogs are easy, you just let them out the door and they do their thing, if you don't let them out, you pay for it. Dogs are always getting a bad rap, someone needs to invent a suitable doggie device to save us from this dilema,

doggonit :thumbsup:

Cat liter shouldn't qualify, it still has to be removed. Besides, dogs are easy, you just let them out the door and they do their thing, if you don't let them out, you pay for it. Dogs are always getting a bad rap, someone needs to invent a suitable doggie device to save us from this dilema,

doggonit :thumbsup:

They have, read the manual :bag:

Guest dog14787
But they loved Old Yeller. Not enough to take him to the vet, but they loved him just the same...

I know, it was my favorite childhood story growing up and you just gave it a whole new meaning. :thumbsup:

Lets see you put old yeller in the car and take him to the vets, its O.K., he won't hurt ya