Sarah Palin has no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" is!

JK2000

"The term “Bush Doctrine” was first coined by columnist Charles Krauthammer three months before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 and has undergone profound changes as the war against terror has evolved.

“There is no single meaning of the Bush Doctrine,” Krauthammer noted in a forthcoming column. “In fact, there have been four distinct meanings, each one succeeding another over the eight years of this administration — and the one Charlie Gibson cited is not the one in common usage today. It is utterly different.”"

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/12/pa...he-gibson-mark/

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Alaska's strategic position vis a vis Russia, I wouldn't discount that item. I'm guessing that as governor she's been exposed to more military/intel in her home state than a few Senators.

I doubt it. In fact from what I have read about how much Governors get briefed on these things, I find it unlikely. But I won't discount it altogether, because she likely had one staffer cleared to handle those issues.

"The term “Bush Doctrine” was first coined by columnist Charles Krauthammer three months before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 and has undergone profound changes as the war against terror has evolved.

“There is no single meaning of the Bush Doctrine,” Krauthammer noted in a forthcoming column. “In fact, there have been four distinct meanings, each one succeeding another over the eight years of this administration — and the one Charlie Gibson cited is not the one in common usage today. It is utterly different.”"

And she didn't come close to begin to start to almost consider perhaps remotely hinting at any of the four.

In other words, the "Bush Doctrine" is, in fact, a complete lack thereof. :nana:

That's the point. Obama has been in the national spotlight, being vetted and tested every day for 19 months. We know all about him, warts and all, and what his policies would be on any number of topics. Biden and McCain are also known quantities. But now we're expected to make an informed decision on a person most knew nothing about in the next 60 days, while she is being tightly controlled and handled.

When did Obama get vetted ? That's not even a real word - depending on your dictionary

Could Obama get a security clearence according to current DOD standards ?

Where was he born ??

And she didn't come close to begin to start to almost consider perhaps remotely hinting at any of the four.

Article in the Washington Post today says there are 7.

So basically, either Charles Gibson didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was, or he should have been specific when asking the question initially. Again, demonstrates media elitism that whatever they think, everybody should think and know.

In the end, the question is getting as much press as Gibson distorting the God comment, and it isn't hurting her, so I'd say its a wash.

Being more neoconservative than your average bear, I admit that I would not have been able to answer the question about the "Bush Doctrine" as it was phrased in the interview. I also guarantee that 99.9999% of the braintrust here wouldn't either, without first going to Wiki.

But carry on.

As I read this thread, the very first thing I thought of was "preemptive strike against countries (accused of) developing wmds." Maybe you right wing neoconservatives weren't paying attention to what he was doing because you were so in love...err...it was still the honeymoon period.... :unsure:

Sorry if this is redundant, because I have no patience for reading through 4 pages of flinging feces, but the following article is all you need to get out of this moronic thread:

http://townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrau..._gibsons_gaffee

Sorry, but any Charles Krauthammer column is, at most, half of what you need to know about anything. :unsure:

I mean Bush Doctrine...Even if one doesn't know it, how hard could it be to stand on your own feet and go with a hunch and figure it out on the fly? My God! :thumbsup::bag:

She did a good job feeling Charlie out for an answer... Did she have to do that? Bush isn't a rocket scientists... How hard was it to imply pre-emptive whatever?

She is a pitbull... Something goes against her and she gets aggresive (started refering back to the interviewer by first name)...

She is "Bush lite"... Do we really need 4 more years of Bush? McCain could plausiably say he is different... Yet, if McCain wins and croakes and Palin will be the exact same thing we have in Bush.

Palin is equally whacked out on God as Bush.

I mean Bush Doctrine...Even if one doesn't know it, how hard could it be to stand on your own feet and go with a hunch and figure it out on the fly? My God! :thumbsup::bag:

She did a good job feeling Charlie out for an answer... Did she have to do that? Bush isn't a rocket scientists... How hard was it to imply pre-emptive whatever?

She is a pitbull... Something goes against her and she gets aggresive (started refering back to the interviewer by first name)...

She is "Bush lite"... Do we really need 4 more years of Bush? McCain could plausiably say he is different... Yet, if McCain wins and croakes and Palin will be the exact same thing we have in Bush.

Palin is equally whacked out on God as Bush.

"Bush Lite"??? Frankly she looks more like "Bush Plus"! More God, More Pro Life, More Liberticide, More Conservative, More Aggresive ,More B...S...

As I read this thread, the very first thing I thought of was "preemptive strike against countries (accused of) developing wmds." Maybe you right wing neoconservatives weren't paying attention to what he was doing because you were so in love...err...it was still the honeymoon period.... :thumbsup:

That's the rub of trying to pin someone down on a definition that doesn't exist. It's fine & dandy that's what you thought is the Bush Doctrine. Unfortunately, may people don't have a singular definition of a broad concept that's evolved in 7 years.

Sorry, but any Charles Krauthammer column is, at most, half of what you need to know about anything. :thumbsup:

In many cases, you may be correct. But since he's credited for coining the term, you'd figure that his opinion would matter in this singular instance. It's probably as close as you're going to get to the Manhattan movie line scene in real life.

Article in the Washington Post today says there are 7.

So basically, either Charles Gibson didn't know what the Bush Doctrine was, or he should have been specific when asking the question initially. Again, demonstrates media elitism that whatever they think, everybody should think and know.

In the end, the question is getting as much press as Gibson distorting the God comment, and it isn't hurting her, so I'd say its a wash.

A smart person would have said straight out "How do you define what you're calling the Bush Doctrine, there are several interpretations." However Sarah Palin is not a smart person, in fact, she came across as someone who does not have the intellectual prowess to handle a national office. It's not media elitism that prevents Sarah Palin from intelligently answering questions-she's just not very bright.

A smart person would have said straight out "How do you define what you're calling the Bush Doctrine, there are several interpretations." However Sarah Palin is not a smart person, in fact, she came across as someone who does not have the intellectual prowess to handle a national office. It's not media elitism that prevents Sarah Palin from intelligently answering questions-she's just not very bright.

She's an idiot and you're a genius (in the Joe Theisman definition of one). :wallbash:

She's an idiot and you're a genius (in the Joe Theisman definition of one). :wallbash:

She may be politically smart, but she's not knowledgable on the issues. She does a good job of avoiding answering the questions she can't and deflecting by parroting canned responses based on key words in questions.