Jeff Garcia to the Pats?

CJPearl2

The trade rumors are pure speculation, but this could actually be a good fit for both Garcia and the Pats.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/11/...hopping-garcia/

I don't buy for one minute that the Pats are sticking with Matt Cassel at QB. He may play this week or even next week too, but once Randy Moss starts crying and the Pats lose a game or two, Pioli is going to start dealing.

And Garcia would fit in perfectly with all those f##s in Boston. (Sorry, that wasn't nice. True, but not nice.)

Most of the rumors, or suggestions, concerning QB moves to NE make little sense. The Pats* need a "system" QB and not a guy like Dante Culpepper or JP Losman.

I think it is premature to think that Matt Cassel won't be a decent system QB, for NE. He has been there a long time, and should know the playbook and the system. Of course, Belicheat could have made the transition a lot smoother had he given Matt some quality PT during the blowouts, last year, instead of piling up more points with the starting lineup. Obviously, I think, he won't be what Brady has become over the past few years. But, remember, in the beginning, Tommy Boy was strictly a system QB who rarely threw deep. He enjoyed his fine OL protection, and was nice and accurate on short and mid-range passes.

Now, Garcia is a move that might actually make sense, as he is (or at least WAS) a decent system QB. He would probably be a quick study (learning the NE* offensive system probably isn't easy for many QBs) and could serve as an experienced backup for Cassel. Should Matt really falter, or should the OL deteriorate even more, Garcia might represent an upgrade as a starter, after a few weeks of practice with the team.

Now, I'm not suggesting that this is trade discussion is real...I have no idea one way or the other. I just think it makes some sense. And, if TB is really willing to dump Garcia, it will be another in a long line of moves, where the Pats* get something for nothing (or very little).

The trade rumors are pure speculation, but this could actually be a good fit for both Garcia and the Pats.

I don't buy for one minute that the Pats are sticking with Matt Cassel at QB. He may play this week or even next week too, but once Randy Moss starts crying and the Pats lose a game or two, Pioli is going to start dealing.

And Garcia would fit in perfectly with all those f##s in Boston. (Sorry, that wasn't nice. True, but not nice.)

While I personally would hate that, my fantasy team would be loaded if that happens.

Sorry but I can't see Tampa trading a Pro bowl QB and starting Brian G. and having Luke McClown as his back-up after 1 game.

They'd have Chucky walkin the plank.

Sorry but I can't see Tampa trading a Pro bowl QB and starting Brian G. and having Luke McClown as his back-up after 1 game.

They'd have Chucky walkin the plank.

He deserves it. He won the Super Bowl with Dungy's team, against the team that he coached just the year before and knew inside & out. He's a troll. I never bought into him as a good coach in the NFL. Garcia probably will end up in NE though. They don't want to suffer through an 8-8 season behind Cassel.