Bills FO Makes Good Non-Move With Wilford

CJPearl2

A lot of people on here were clammering for the Bills to sign Ernest Wilford in the off-season. Probably because his is tall and our current WRs were not (great reasoning, huh? The shorties looked pretty good last week, right?)

Well it looks as if his Miami teammates are already sick of the highly paid Free Agent:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...910wilford.html

I recall hearing rumors that the Bills were interested in Wilford, but there was no real substance to them. And the deal he got wasn't exorbitant for a prospective #2 WR (but way too much for a guy who will be inactive every weekend), so they could have outbid the Fins for him if they really wanted him.

a guy that the bills defiantly did want (bryant johnson) had a decent debut in SF - 3 catches for 48 yards.........i think it will be more interesting to follow his progress this season because the bills actually made him an offer before he snubbed them for a 1 year deal

a guy that the bills defiantly did want (bryant johnson) had a decent debut in SF - 3 catches for 48 yards.........i think it will be more interesting to follow his progress this season because the bills actually made him an offer before he snubbed them for a 1 year deal

Extrapolating his numbers out over 16 games, he'd have 48 catches for 768 yards (toss in about 4-5 TD's even though he didn't score). I know it's only one game, but the 49'ers' offense doesn't look to improve much. Hardly the "showcase season" you are looking to have when you sign a 1-year deal, and I bet he gets minimum level offers next year in FA. But hey, some people have to learn the hard way.

A lot of people on here were clammering for the Bills to sign Ernest Wilford in the off-season. Probably because his is tall and our current WRs were not (great reasoning, huh? The shorties looked pretty good last week, right?)

Well it looks as if his Miami teammates are already sick of the highly paid Free Agent:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/cont...910wilford.html

Bills' FO has been making a lot of good moves recently.