If, by chance, the Jets smack around the Pats this Sunday...

Lv-Bills

Vinny gets the call to come back to the NFL yet again? I heard he's starting to jog again, and has resumed his throwing program in the local YMCA flag football league. Will he be spotted at Logan Airport?

LOL

I've also heard that he's been spotted at a diner down the street from Gillette stadium, pulling up in his golf cart for the early bird special.

I can't see any senario where they would look to a 45 year old QB.

Better to let Cassel take a few lumps and see if he improves as the season goes on. The Pats* are a long way from needing to push the panic button considering their easy schedule. They are still a good bet to win 10+ games.

I can't see any senario where they would look to a 45 year old QB.

Better to let Cassel take a few lumps and see if he improves as the season goes on. The Pats* are a long way from needing to push the panic button considering their easy schedule. They are still a good bet to win 10+ games.

I still think their D is suspect. Lets see how they do against a quality opponent.

PTR

To me the funniest thing about the Pats/Jets match-up is that IMHO its a pretty sure thing that the winner of this game will be anointed by ESPN and the national media as THE story of 2008 and a virtual lock to be one of the great stories ever in the NFL.

If the Jets win the narrative will be about how Brett Favre (virtually alone) has turned a perennial sure loser into a definite winner and favorite to take the AFC East and perhaps the SB.

If the Pats win the narrative will be about the redemption of Bill Bellicheat and that it was not Brady, it was the system.

The narrative will likely be determined by the game outcome and the actual events regardless of whether NYJ's offense featured a couple of Favrian highlights but overall was ineffective looks the same as last week against the stumbling Fins. Likewise the narrative coughed up by a Pats victory would likely be about the football genius of Bellicheat which the Brady injury given a victory will easily provide an excuse if the Pats wheeze to victory as they did against a not very good KC team.

Even if the Bills roll over Jax, the best we will likely be in the media is being put forth as the next victim to show the dominance of Favre or Belicheat.

ESPN coverage seems merely to be an example of the ignoring of the Bills rolling over a recent consistent NFC winner and Woodson declaring Jax the team that must win this weekend but making no mention of its opponent when he staked out this storyline.

To me the funniest thing about the Pats/Jets match-up is that IMHO its a pretty sure thing that the winner of this game will be anointed by ESPN and the national media as THE story of 2008 and a virtual lock to be one of the great stories ever in the NFL.

If the Jets win the narrative will be about how Brett Favre (virtually alone) has turned a perennial sure loser into a definite winner and favorite to take the AFC East and perhaps the SB.

If the Pats win the narrative will be about the redemption of Bill Bellicheat and that it was not Brady, it was the system.

The narrative will likely be determined by the game outcome and the actual events regardless of whether NYJ's offense featured a couple of Favrian highlights but overall was ineffective looks the same as last week against the stumbling Fins. Likewise the narrative coughed up by a Pats victory would likely be about the football genius of Bellicheat which the Brady injury given a victory will easily provide an excuse if the Pats wheeze to victory as they did against a not very good KC team.

Even if the Bills roll over Jax, the best we will likely be in the media is being put forth as the next victim to show the dominance of Favre or Belicheat.

ESPN coverage seems merely to be an example of the ignoring of the Bills rolling over a recent consistent NFC winner and Woodson declaring Jax the team that must win this weekend but making no mention of its opponent when he staked out this storyline.

I hope they tie and we blow Jacksonville out of the water

Then What ESPN?

My take on Jets/Pats*:

The Pats* know how to win (i.e., they cheat), but they still have enough veterans on the roster that they'll find a way to beat an average football team in the Jets.

Remember how the Bills came together behind Reich when Kelly was out? I'd expect the same out of the Pats* -- at least until they play a real team.