Peters negotitations

nuklz2594

i don't think peters is lying.....i think he's working off the information provided to him by his agent

i personally believe that peters has no idea what was said or done, after listening to his interview.........seems to me he's just a pawn and parker has him completely under his thumb........to paraphrase - "my agent called me on wednesday and told me to be here on saturday, so i came in"......he's just doing what he's told and putting his complete trust in parker IMO

and at the end of the day, i don't think the bills promised anything they didn't promise at the start of camp and that schefter's report is based on info being fed to him from parker to try to make him look better after handling the entire situation poorly.......i don't know if the bills called parker or the other way around, but i can't say i put a lot of stock into peters claim "that the bills called my agent on monday" because he's only hearing that from his agent, who has his own agenda in this situation

So when Peters passes Brandon on the field and says "so when are you guys going to start talking about my contract, Mr. Parker said you would", Brandon is going to say, "What are you talking about? I didn't promise anything." I don't think so.

So when Peters passes Brandon on the field and says "so when are you guys going to start talking about my contract, Mr. Parker said you would", Brandon is going to say, "What are you talking about? I didn't promise anything." I don't think so.

brandon stated from the start of camp that as soon as peters reported to the team they would talk deal......i've got no reason to believe he's not honoring that

brandon stated from the start of camp that as soon as peters reported to the team they would talk deal......i've got no reason to believe he's not honoring that

Then you must think that Peters is lying because he specifically said there was no chance whatsoever for contract talk before his holdout (the Bills told him no), and something Brandon promised last week made him believe there now was. It's all still about 2008 versus 2009. There is no way he didnt know this. What Peters has said is 100% consistent with the scenario that the Bills would not renegotiate 2008 whether he was there or not, which is why he held out. And what has been reported by numerous sources. And if he came to camp they would talk about 2009 only. Brandon has never said that they would talk about 2008, he only says they will be willing to talk when he shows up.

You mean earn it again or doesn't one year as a very good OT and another as a pro bowler count?

He has had ONE Pro Bowl calibre season.

He wants to be paid like a PERENNIAL Pro Bowler. That means he has to have MORE THAN ONE season playing at that level to have earned the extension he wants.

Then you must think that Peters is lying because he specifically said there was no chance whatsoever for contract talk before his holdout (the Bills told him no), and something Brandon promised last week made him believe there now was. It's all still about 2008 versus 2009. There is no way he didnt know this. What Peters has said is 100% consistent with the scenario that the Bills would not renegotiate 2008 whether he was there or not, which is why he held out. And what has been reported by numerous sources. And if he came to camp they would talk about 2009 only. Brandon has never said that they would talk about 2008, he only says they will be willing to talk when he shows up.

no i don't think jason is lying - i think he has a lot of trust in his agent and takes everything he says as the absolute truth......as jason says, he's the player and his agent handles the "business", hence the reason why he didn't talk to the bills front office directly during his holdout.......unfortunately i think his trust is misguided cause i suspect a lot of what he's hearing from his agent is spin due the poor advice parker gave him regarding a fruitless holdout.....but how is he to know if that is his only source of information?

brandon said from day 1 of camp that they would talk contract if he came in - it really was as simple as that, as much as you want to cloud it........i've seen nothing from the bills head office that indicates that they wouldn't talk about 2008 - if you have a quote from brandon to the contrary, i'd love to see it

your assumption that jason sat out because "the Bills would not renegotiate 2008 whether he was there or not" is baseless and not supported by fact

He has had ONE Pro Bowl calibre season.

He wants to be paid like a PERENNIAL Pro Bowler. That means he has to have MORE THAN ONE season playing at that level to have earned the extension he wants.

So just how much money do you think we're talkin' about here? 'Cause as far as pro-bowlers go, 'big-ball' is more popular than candlepin, so those pro bowlers tend to earn a bit more. (Although candlepin is very popular in NE*.)

So just how much money do you think we're talkin' about here? 'Cause as far as pro-bowlers go, 'big-ball' is more popular than candlepin, so those pro bowlers tend to earn a bit more. (Although candlepin is very popular in NE*.)

Honestly, I'm thinking $10-$12 million a year, with $30-$35 million in guarantees. Should he prove to be the franchise tackle Bill, Mickey and others have been writing about all this time, I think he's the one Buffalo Bill who is worth that contract. And I think we have the cap room.

I don't know how that lines up with other linemen around the league, so forgive me if thats off the mark.

EDIT: After looking it up, three years ago Walter Jones got 7 years, $50 million including over $20 million in bonuses. Before this season, Jake Long got 5 years, $57.75 million including $30 million guaranteed. When you consider the fact that Jones' deal was three years ago and salaries naturally go up a bit each year, and that he was 31 years old at the time while Peters is still only 26...and that Jake Long got that money before ever playing a down in this league...I think my estimation is pretty good. Again, thats assuming Peters has another outstanding year, which may be a big assumption.

Honestly, I'm thinking $10-$12 million a year, with $30-$35 million in guarantees. Should he prove to be the franchise tackle Bill, Mickey and others have been writing about all this time, I think he's the one Buffalo Bill who is worth that contract. And I think we have the cap room.

I don't know how that lines up with other linemen around the league, so forgive me if thats off the mark.

EDIT: After looking it up, three years ago Walter Jones got 7 years, $50 million including over $20 million in bonuses. Before this season, Jake Long got 5 years, $57.75 million including $30 guaranteed. When you consider the fact that Jones' deal was three years ago and salaries naturally go up a bit each year, and that he was 31 years old at the time while Peters is still only 26...and that Jake Long got that money before ever playing a down in this league...I think my estimation is pretty good. Again, thats assuming Peters has another outstanding year, which may be a big assumption.

Geez, I was thinking more like $8-9M/year which would triple what he's getting now. Even Dick Weber, Don Carter, and Ray Bluth never made that much $$$, and they're probably 3 of the best pro bowlers ever.

Brandon never said that. Quite the opposite in fact. No new deal this year was the team's position and as for some future reworking, he said "never say never", a more non-commitall phrase could not have been used.

Brandon never said that. Quite the opposite in fact. No new deal this year was the team's position and as for some future reworking, he said "never say never", a more non-commitall phrase could not have been used.

full quote:

"We have conversations with our guys all the time, and I think we have a proven track record of trying to get guys done and extend guys out. We've done it already this offseason with Kyle Williams and Brad Butler. We've done it with [Aaron] Schobel in the past and Terrence McGee. It's a long line of guys that we've done it with. But it's very difficult to have those conversations when the individual is not participating in your work."

now, are you ready to show me a quote where brandon says "no new deal this year"? others have requested numerous times for you to provide such, but you never seem to......funny that

no i don't think jason is lying - i think he has a lot of trust in his agent and takes everything he says as the absolute truth......as jason says, he's the player and his agent handles the "business", hence the reason why he didn't talk to the bills front office directly during his holdout.......unfortunately i think his trust is misguided cause i suspect a lot of what he's hearing from his agent is spin due the poor advice parker gave him regarding a fruitless holdout.....but how is he to know if that is his only source of information?

brandon said from day 1 of camp that they would talk contract if he came in - it really was as simple as that, as much as you want to cloud it........i've seen nothing from the bills head office that indicates that they wouldn't talk about 2008 - if you have a quote from brandon to the contrary, i'd love to see it

your assumption that jason sat out because "the Bills would not renegotiate 2008 whether he was there or not" is baseless and not supported by fact

Several local and national reporters said it after talking to people. That, to me, is about as fact as it gets in this kind of thing. Brandon of course is not going to say it in public. The fact that he didn't say it is zero reason to just assume it is true. You could just as easily say he never said they would so it is fact they wouldn't.

It also makes sense. It's a simple, obvious reason for a holdout. It's what the guy holding out said. If it weren't true there is zero reason for the holdout from an agent that is one of the best in the league. Guys covering the team, and covering the league, said it. I think it's rather clear that is what happened.

Several local and national reporters said it after talking to people. That, to me, is about as fact as it gets in this kind of thing. Brandon of course is not going to say it in public. The fact that he didn't say it is zero reason to just assume it is true. You could just as easily say he never said they would so it is fact they wouldn't.

It also makes sense. It's a simple, obvious reason for a holdout. It's what the guy holding out said. If it weren't true there is zero reason for the holdout from an agent that is one of the best in the league. Guys covering the team, and covering the league, said it. I think it's rather clear that is what happened.

like i said, baseless and not supported by fact.....the fact is that brandon said they would talk deal when he showed up and i'm sure that is exactly what they are doing now

when you get a quote from brandon stating that they won't talk about '08 let me know........until then, you're merely speculating......i guess parker isn't the only one who wants to spin things to cover poor reasoning