Atlanta Airport

\GoBillsInDallas/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that airport? I think we have a 2 hour layover there next month when we fly home to WNY.

I can't stand the Atlanta airport (I live here), though some others don't seem to mind it. It's big, that can be a pain in the ass. There's also a lot of people, that's also a pain in the ass.

I just had a connecting flight in Atlanta with a 45-minute layover, and we had to leave our terminal and take the train to another terminal, and managed to make the connection okay, and that includes having a 3 1/2 year old in tow.

30 minutes? Yikes. Never would have made it.

Most airports are for one reason or another.

When I travel to Buffalo every year I take $300 cash and that's just for food/drinks at the airports on my way there and back. And I travel alone.

I meant that in the literal sense.

I've been through there twice, and both time it was the filthiest airport I have ever seen. The bathrooms were total wrecks, and the place smelled awful. There was trash all over the concourses and it just seemed poorly maintained in general.

I've been to probably 30 or 40 different airports, and I have never seen anything that bad.

I meant that in the literal sense.

I've been through there twice, and both time it was the filthiest airport I have ever seen. The bathrooms were total wrecks, and the place smelled awful. There was trash all over the concourses and it just seemed poorly maintained in general.

I've been to probably 30 or 40 different airports, and I have never seen anything that bad.

Well you're not movin' in, you're movin' through. :(

I look at it this way. I makes my arrival at my destinatiion seem that much nicer.

I'd never budget under an hour for Atlanta. I've even taken longer flights just to avoid Atlanta.

Hell yeah. I've looked at driving to Chattanooga or Birmingham instead of Atlanta, and I'm about 35 miles north of ATL. That said, the worst part is usually dealing with parking, traffic, and the security checkpoint. Once your past security, it's just a matter of wading through the ridiculous number of people to find your gate.

The Buffalo airport is a freaking wonderland when compared to Atlanta.

...and 30 mins won't cut it unless you arrive on the same concourse you depart from. Even then, push back is a few mins prior to departure time.

Though, some times you wind up sitting in the "take off line" for 30 minutes.

Are connecting flights from same airline? If so you might make it but you need to have stewardess contact cabin and alert them they have a late connecting passenger.

Different airline? Not likely unless they are near by each other and you are in front of plane.