Baby Joe Mesi wins Democratic Primary

JK2000

As I said elsewhere, politics is marketing. And marketing is...brand recognition. If Bush doesn't win in 1988, Bush doesn't win in 2000.

I'm not so sure about that. Karl Rove's strategy of putting things on the ballot that brought out the religous right in droves didn't help a lot! Without those Gore might have won.

actually I think he is teaching kids to abstain from sex before marriage, that seems to have worked well in the Palin family

Yeah, and I think teaching kids sex ed has worked really well too. It's not like promiscuity hasn't risen at all since the 50's. The Hot for Teacher culture didn't come from nowhere.

I'm not so sure about that. Karl Rove's strategy of putting things on the ballot that brought out the religous right in droves didn't help a lot! Without those Gore might have won.

Hehehe! I hope you're kidding. Why is it that Democrats always blame the religious right when they f themselves into losing?

Here are the real things that Gore might have won without:

1. Bill Clinton

2. Ralph Nader and the far-left. You do realize that 100,000 voters in Florida voted for Nader right?

3. Gore's stiff, "I know better than you do because I said so", inability to look like anything other than a guy who repeats what is put in front of him, no matter how silly.

4. The far-left taking credit for CENTRIST policies working, and bastardizing their ideology onto good policy.

Those 4 things represent 95% of reason Gore lost--->PERIOD!!! You guys all got angry at Bush, when you should have gotten angry at your own retarded far-left. For the life of me, I have no idea why you allow these idiots to go after a massively popular guy like Lieberman, instead of getting rid of a blatant George Soros sycophant like Kucinich. The reason? The far-left has taken over the Democratic party. :pirate: Reasonable Democrats won't try, or won't be allowed, to spend the necessary time getting their own house in order and doing the things that will help them win.

It's happening, all over again, right now. It will be interesting to see if the reasonable Democrats take over, get rid of the far-left, start trying to speak to ALL the issues people care about, demonstrate leadership skills, and provide clear, principled, solutions that they can defend in debates. If they don't, this will be 2000 all over again = Democrats find a way to lose an election they easily should have won.

Hint: you don't get ANY of your issues addressed if you don't win. And, us independents aren't going to vote for Jimmy Carter, round 2. I need to see some ideas and some domestic policies that have at least a chance of working. And, I need a realistic, PRINCIPLED, and consistent position on: how we win the 2 wars we are currently fighting, how we deal with Iran, and how we deal with China. If I hear the word "change" again, I am done with you.

Yeah, and I think teaching kids sex ed has worked really well too. It's not like promiscuity hasn't risen at all since the 50's. The Hot for Teacher culture didn't come from nowhere.

:pirate::huh:

So that is you problem in fact ... promiscuity!! That may explains that rage in you! Come on let it go! It's not so dirty and scary... Have a good f...k and you will feel better!! Just don't forget protection and you'll be OK!

LOL Dale Volker won too.

The exodus continues............ :cry:

It was an interesting primary in WNY a couple days ago. While I couldn't vote for Mesi I probably wouldn't have anyway. He chose the democratic line because it was obviously the only way he could get elected. His previous support of Republican pols in the past, including the dreadful Pataki, has been well documented. While Mary Lou Rath had been taking up valuable real estate in the senate for years Mesi will likely be just as ineffectual...assuming he wins the general election.

Hoyt won. I don't really want to talk about this race though it was funny watching Rachacha retard Golisano and politcal vulture Pigeon wind up with egg on their faces.

No the big surprise is Kryzan winning the Democratic primary for republipigo supremo Tom "Enron" Reynolds soon to be vacated us congressional seat. She beat out musty, dank millionaire industrialist and libertarian screwball Jack Davis and Iraq war vet, 30 something educator Jon Powers in probably the biggest political upset in WNY history since, well since....