Wilfork 'Irked'

Beerball

Last year, I was there, I was tripped up and falling and I still got fined and flagged for the same exact thing,” Wilfork said. “But I was tripped up. I didn’t dive at anyone’s legs, I didn’t cut a running back getting to a quarterback. And when I got fined last year, they said I got flagged because you’re not allowed to hit a quarterback below the waist.”

boo hoo hoo

One more note on Pollard: I watched the play in slow-motion 40 times, not to mention the other 440 times that the TV networks showed it … and I don't care how badly Pollard felt or how he tried to spin it, when you're on the ground and make that sprawling hiccup jump toward a quarterback's knees as he's throwing, bad things happen. Vince Wilfork did the same thing to J.P. Losman last season, and that wasn't right either. It's a cheap play -- worse than a horse-collar tackle and a cut block, in my opinion. And both of those are penalties. Nobody should be allowed to dive at a quarterback's legs unless he's running.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/080909

Dude, when even the granddaddy of all Boston homers, the Sports Guy, sides against you, you gotta be wrong...

So, I guess if Pollard got fined, the Pats would be happier? I can't believe I used to defend that team...what a bunch of major leauge jerks...I sort of understand the Pats point (if the rule is, you can't hit a QB below the knees while he is throwing), if it was an infraction one time, it should be an infraction another time, whether there was intent of not. But to seriously see no difference between the hit Pollard placed on Brady, and the hit Wolfolk put on JP, and then to keep whining about it, is just flat out arrogance and a-hole!

So, I guess if Pollard got fined, the Pats would be happier? I can't believe I used to defend that team...what a bunch of major leauge jerks...I sort of understand the Pats point (if the rule is, you can't hit a QB below the knees while he is throwing), if it was an infraction one time, it should be an infraction another time, whether there was intent of not. But to seriously see no difference between the hit Pollard placed on Brady, and the hit Wolfolk put on JP, and then to keep whining about it, is just flat out arrogance and a-hole!

It's just more Pets* whining:

"Everybody puts practice squad players in different uniforms to practice during the week" :thumbsup:

"Everybody video tapes defensive signals" :D

"The last ten minutes of the SB need to be re-looked at." ;)

"Just because I got a girl pregnant doesn't mean I need to stick around." <_<

and on and on and on... <_<

It's just more Pets* whining:

"Everybody puts practice squad players in different uniforms to practice during the week" :thumbsup:

"Everybody video tapes defensive signals" :D

"The last ten minutes of the SB need to be re-looked at." ;)

"Just because I got a girl pregnant doesn't mean I need to stick around." <_<

and on and on and on... <_<

And the P*ts hits just keep on coming...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/080909

Dude, when even the granddaddy of all Boston homers, the Sports Guy, sides against you, you gotta be wrong...

What I don't get is why it should be illegal for a defender to dive at a QB trying to make a play, but it's OK for an offensive lineman to dive at a defender's knee to protect the QB. Who's the person that decided that Tom Brady's knees deserve more protection than Osi Umenyiora's?

The Patriots can thank Sammy Morris for Brady's season-ending injury. He pushes Pollard in the back as he's lunging towards Brady's mid-section and redirects him downward towards his knees. Hence the reason it wasn't a dirty play, a foul, or worthy of a fine.