I CAN'T BELIEVE OBAMA SAID THIS

Thats true. To that effect, most states are already predetermined to go to each candidate. There are a few "battleground" states where each vote is crucial, and frankly, you have to wonder what personal criteria each undecided voter is using to make their choice. Are they influenced by a 2-second soundbite or a candidate not wearing a lapel pin? It's quite possible that those people are literally deciding who will be the next President.

Identifying oneself with a political party is, to me, a rediculous practice to begin with and leads to making a blind choice based on affiliation and a one-way loyalty to something that is utter nonsense. I'm not sure if there is a need for people to define themselves, or identify themselves with a group as validation?? I can't say I understand it. A party that trademarks itself as "pro-business" or "pro-military" or "pro-human rights" is laughable. There is not ANY candidate who is NOT pro-business, or pro-military, or pro-human rights. A party that preaches smaller government ends up increasing beauracracy and government intervention. The fundamental differences that perhaps used to exist have dissolved into, basically, the same jackasses in a different suits on different sides of an aisle.

I disagree, maybe because I was in the soup of DC too long, but what I believe is the problem is not the parties. I think they define themselves fairly distinctly and those representing them intend to be distinct, but once they get to Washington they get swallowed up by the infrastructure. Things only seem to change when there is a certain amount of rotation in the field and competition for power. That being said, if one one wants change it might be good Obama to win but the Dems lose Congress. That won't happen right away, but it could in two years.

Party Id though gives someone a short cut on what that person generally stands for. I will give the side I id the initial benefit of support unless something glaring jumps out that I don't like. The other side's candidate I am likely to look immediately for stands I disagree with that they typically hold. If there is moderation and some other things I agree with, then I will consider them.

So what I am saying is Party ID is a short cut. For some it is too easy a short cut, but don't discount it out of hand.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and that helped Dole run. It isn't an instant ticket to victory, though

So which one is it, easy or hard? Didn't Dole get trounced despite being a war hero and a long-time Senator with an impeccable record?

Different election. Dole was running against a popular incumbent. McCain is running against a black guy--and yes that is a liability--who is not an incumbent

Making excuses already? This was a runaway 2 months ago.

So it should be a runaway today? Why is that?

McCain, for all his faults, is a pretty decent candidate and with that Palin POS pulling along the religious fanatics, pukes and others we have a race. Shouldn't really be a surprise.

You almost had me until this post right hear, attack, attack ,attack shameful! :thumbsup:

LMAO -- look at all the leftards here excusing behavior that if it had been directed at Hillary two months ago would have been a national scandal. I guess you are all a little traumatized seeing just how slick the Messiah is when he's not reading off the teleprompter!

:thumbsup:

A Chicago Tribune article published in 2007 during the Democratic primaries that cites McCain criticizing Hillary Clinton’s health care plan. “I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig,” McCain is quoted as saying about Clinton’s proposal.

Hmmmm.

So it should be a runaway today? Why is that?

McCain, for all his faults, is a pretty decent candidate and with that Palin POS pulling along the religious fanatics, pukes and others we have a race. Shouldn't really be a surprise.

Well Obama getting all the lazy douchbags isn't a surprise either. I'm shocked they aren't campaigning for him... well they don't work so why start now. Obama is not a decent candidate, and he's more polarizing and destructive than any person I've ever seen nominated.

I would love to ask him or any of his supporters one question: if he wants to bring us "back" to our nation's finest traditions that we lost, what in the hell is he talking about that he plans on restoring? At least with McCain you know he's a politician, but Obama is such a brazen liar that little Barry Hussein Soetoro can't get his story straight, or his name.

Well Obama getting all the lazy douchbags isn't a surprise either. I'm shocked they aren't campaigning for him... well they don't work so why start now. Obama is not a decent candidate, and he's more polarizing and destructive than any person I've ever seen nominated.

I would love to ask him or any of his supporters one question: if he wants to bring us "back" to our nation's finest traditions that we lost, what in the hell is he talking about that he plans on restoring? At least with McCain you know he's a politician, but Obama is such a brazen liar that little Barry Hussein Soetoro can't get his story straight, or his name.

Obama is awesome!

A Chicago Tribune article published in 2007 during the Democratic primaries that cites McCain criticizing Hillary Clinton’s health care plan. “I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig,” McCain is quoted as saying about Clinton’s proposal.

Hmmmm.

I assume you are saying that Hillary Clinton had, days prior, made in a major speech a widely-played soundbite to the effect that she was a whatever with lipstick?

I guess I missed that...

Let me ask you this:

What would the media reaction have been if, days after Obama talked about how he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills," McCain described Obama or his platform as phony as a three dollar bill? Can you honestly say that that otherwise routine attack wouldn't be now interpreted as racist? That McCain wouldn't be accused of trying to suggest to voters that Obama wouldn't be a legitimate president because he is black? Would they then back off if they found that Obama himself had used that same expression in the past?

What would the media reaction have been if, days after Obama talked about how he "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills," McCain described Obama or his platform as phony as a three dollar bill? Can you honestly say that that otherwise routine attack wouldn't be now interpreted as racist? That McCain wouldn't be accused of trying to suggest to voters that Obama wouldn't be a legitimate president because he is black? Would they then back off if they found that Obama himself had used that same expression in the past?

Any takers on the left?

I assume you are saying that Hillary Clinton had, days prior, made in a major speech a widely-played soundbite to the effect that she was a whatever with lipstick?

I guess I missed that...

Let me ask you this:

Yeah, I can honestly say it wouldn't be interpreted as racist. He also is younger looking than presidents on bills, maybe he's pointing out that not having white hair and looking young doesn't mean he wouldn't be an effective president. McCain's campaign has found other ways to remind voters that Obama is black. When they mock him for being a community organizer, that's an attempt to make voters think he's one of those urban black activists who complain about the injustices done by whites like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, as opposed to the real work he did helping people get job retraining and housing.