Palin's Pastor Problems

PastaJoe

The focus for the Dems should still be on McCain and tying him to Bush.

Totally agree, but they need to get away from saying "Bush-McCain" policy all the time. They've been saying it for several months now and I think its getting drowned out. They need to get more specific.

In regards to national media and Palin, check out the new thread I just opened, Gibson is getting a ton of access to her.

Totally agree, but they need to get away from saying "Bush-McCain" policy all the time. They've been saying it for several months now and I think its getting drowned out. They need to get more specific.

In regards to national media and Palin, check out the new thread I just opened, Gibson is getting a ton of access to her.

It is getting a little stale, but they should keep repeating it. Most of us have heard it, but most of the lemmings who vote haven't or not enough, hence why it is still being used. They should try a fresh angle, though I agree. Maybe make it McCain is just another member of failed conservative policies.??? Not sure, but I hear you. I will check out the other stuff.

Obama/Biden need to keep reminding people about the economy, housing, the opportunity cost of Iraq, and the conservative social agenda. McCain/Palin want to change the debate away from policy to the Rove tactic of who would you rather have as a neighbor.

More shine taken off Mother Inferior's fiscal conservative reformer claims:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

Obama/Biden need to keep reminding people about the economy, housing, the opportunity cost of Iraq, and the conservative social agenda. McCain/Palin want to change the debate away from policy to the Rove tactic of who would you rather have as a neighbor.

More shine taken off Mother Inferior's fiscal conservative reformer claims:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

The governor also has charged the state for travel expenses to take her children on official out-of-town missions. And her husband, Todd, has billed the state for expenses and a daily allowance for trips he makes on official business for his wife.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

So? I'm sure all of that was a hell of a lot cheaper than what the Mansion Chef was making before she fired him, and the costs to run that private jet before she sold it. You're supposed to get per diem for business trips. Have you never had a job with per diem?

Man...the desperation to find something wrong with her. A gov who charges per diem, or a Senator that launches his career in the home of an admitted domestic terrorist. Please.

So? I'm sure all of that was a hell of a lot cheaper than what the Mansion Chef was making before she fired him, and the costs to run that private jet before she sold it. You're supposed to get per diem for business trips. Have you never had a job with per diem?

Man...the desperation to find something wrong with her. A gov who charges per diem, or a Senator that launches his career in the home of an admitted domestic terrorist. Please.

You know what is funnier than anything? All the dems are doing is focusing on Palin, which is fueling the "Who has more experience...the GOP VP candidate or the Dem's Prez candidate?" discussion. They've really painted themselves into a corner, and have spent so much time and money going after Palin that they've actually elevated Palin and downgraded Obama. Look at the polls. How does a guy who was a slamdunk to win it all actually end up trailing at this point? It is amazing to me how unbelievably inept the Dems are when it comes to running a campaign. Just look at this board and see all their handiwork. Truly amazing.

It's almost comical how they've let this get away from them. And now they're dumb enough to take the bait from Bush regarding Iraq. They should change their logo to Bugs Bunny saying "What a bunch of maroons."

I've never heard of getting a per diem for going home from work, especially when it's less than 50 miles. I drive 30 miles each way every day and would never expect such a perk. If you don't want to pay for the drive, move closer to the work. Hell, they even provide a residence for her in the capital if she moved there. And if you want to take your family on your business trip, that should be on your tab, not the taxpayers. The only exception should be the President and Vice President.

I've never heard of getting a per diem for going home from work, especially when it's less than 50 miles. I drive 30 miles each way every day and would never expect such a perk. If you don't want to pay for the drive, move closer to the work. Hell, they even provide a residence for her in the capital if she moved there. And if you want to take your family on your business trip, that should be on your tab, not the taxpayers. The only exception should be the President and Vice President.

Old company I used to work for. If I went to corporate HQ, I did not get paid. But if I had to go to the client site, which was actually closer to home, they reimbursed to and from home. It had to do with tax laws and reimbursement write-offs.

As far as the family goes, as an executive, I would expect on a working trip, family members should be able to go.

Old company I used to work for. If I went to corporate HQ, I did not get paid. But if I had to go to the client site, which was actually closer to home, they reimbursed to and from home. It had to do with tax laws and reimbursement write-offs.

As far as the family goes, as an executive, I would expect on a working trip, family members should be able to go.

In her case she was getting reimbursed to drive to her normal place of work, not a client. And why should family be paid for on a working trip? If anything, they would be a distraction from the work the person is supposed to be doing.

In her case she was getting reimbursed to drive to her normal place of work, not a client. And why should family be paid for on a working trip? If anything, they would be a distraction from the work the person is supposed to be doing.

because some companies realize that when you are away from your family for a long time it's hard on you and them. Especially if you travel frequently. It is actually a very common perk for white color jobs to have this happen.

You also realize that congress cirtters all get housing costs, and travel costs on your tax dollars when going to and driving around DC. They are always considered as public servants to be on the publics time 24/7. In fact certain members of the house get private airplanes available to them for personal and family use, since they need to be available.