Will Smith Captain America?

K-Gun10

Who'd be outraged? A handfull of CA fans?

Sgt. Nick Fury started out in the WWII time period. Cap America started out in the WWII time period. Why is it acceptable to have a black Nick Fury, but it would cause outrage to have a black CA? Doesn't make sense. And I know some comic-book afficionado is going to say "Marvel released a series based on the Sam Jackson re-wroking of Fury." So? I can guarantee you the majority of the movie-going public wouldn't/didn't care that Marvel put out a Nick Fury Sam Jackson issue.

Nick Fury, while a popular character in Marvel Comic circles, isn't as iconic to the general public as Captain America is. Therefore IMO changing CA's race would cause more of an uproar than changing Fury's.

And come on. A "handfull (sic) of CA fans?" CA is one of the most popular comic book heroes of all-time. There would be plenty of people ticked off about it. But I don't expect to take this much further with you, since you apparently already decided that the movie is going to suck and won't see it.

This discussion (IMO) may be one of the most idiotic ever on TBD, and worse yet it doesn't have the comedy of exchange rates, pasta salad, telephone poles or retatta.

I'm sorry - would a few "Beerball is a homo" references help retain your interest?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you'd buy a movie 'bout a guy all hyped up on some secret steroids who lives in the hood. What do you think this is, the NFL?

Does this have anything to do with Ron Hornyday (NASCAR) admitting use of testerone cream? He's trying to appeal to a wider audience?

How did you know I was talking about you?

Guess I assumed...I know, I know...

You are so mean.

He is. :nana:

Like you'd buy a movie 'bout a guy all hyped up on some secret steroids who lives in the hood. What do you think this is, the NFL?

:nana:

Well played, sir.