Here's a hypothetical for you

Joe Miner

Let's say that the injury to Tom Brady was career ending.

Does Brady make the Hall of Fame?

Here are his 9 season totals:

Passing																				  Rushing					 
Comp	  Att	  Pct	  Yds	  Avg   TD	  Int	  Sck	  SckY	  Rate	  Att	  Yds	  Avg	  TD	  
2,301	3,653	 63.0	 26,446   7.2   197	  86	  203	  1,278	 92.9	  276	  533	  1.9	  5

Oh, and 3 SB's.

Career numbers compared to current HoF'ers:

QB rating: 1) Young 96.8 2) Manning 94.7 3) Warner 93.2

Completions: 1) Farve 5377 2) Marino 4967 3) Elway 4123

Comp %: 1) Pennington 65.61 2) Warner 65.09 3) Young 64.28

Yards: 1) Farve 61,655 2) Marino 61,361 3) Elway 51,475

Now, remember, these are only the record holders. A player doesn't have to reach these marks to make it in the HoF. Also remember, that none of the guys on the list (except maybe Young?) have 3 SB rings.

No question. Nothing can revoke his reservation in Canton. Unless he like knowingly bet on games or cheated or something....

Oh wait.. :angry:

Nah, no doubt he makes it. Last year's passing records and the 16-0 was the final nail in the coffin (Super Bowl loss notwithstanding).

So I'm assuming that you guys are looking at the 3 SB's, and probably his W-L record as opposed to his career stats?

Stat-wise, I think he's a little short in a lot of categories based on his shortend career.

Achievement-wise, I think he's in.

I think a reasonable argument could be made either way.

So I'm assuming that you guys are looking at the 3 SB's, and probably his W-L record as opposed to his career stats?

Stat-wise, I think he's a little short in a lot of categories based on his shortend career.

I think a reasonable argument could be made that you're crazy.

Stat-wise, I think he's a little short in a lot of categories based on his shortened career.

Well are you asking "Will he make it?" or "Should he make it?" Because there is no chance in hell he doesn't. If anything, a career ending injury in his prime would make his legend stronger through the countless "what ifs" that will surround his name.

I guess you could make the argument that his body of work is not enough stat-wise. But he has more TDs and/or YDs than Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Joe Namath, Troy Aikman, etc. Add the rings and the perfect* season, and he's got more than enough for his resume.