Sam Adams.

jarthur31

I'm not going to rehash what happened between him and the coaches and management.

I just now realized that he first signed a contract with us for 4 years and not 2 like I originally thought.

I don't understand how we let Ted Washington go and spent all this money for this guy. Since Ted left our D took a huge nose dive and took us awhile to recover.

TW was going to cost about 7-8M in cap space that year with a cap at the time around 50M. Plus the following season or two he was injured and missed a lot of games for Chicago. An awful lot to be paying an oft-injured player. He made about 1M for the Pats last year. I love Big Ted and think he is the best NT in football when he is healthy, but at the time with the cap situation there was no way the Bills would have been able to re-structure his contract for a reasonable amount.

TW was going to cost about 7-8M in cap space that year with a cap at the time around 50M.  Plus the following season or two he was injured and missed a lot of games for Chicago.  An awful lot to be paying an oft-injured player.  He made about 1M for the Pats last year.  I love Big Ted and think he is the best NT in football when he is healthy, but at the time with the cap situation there was no way the Bills would have been able to re-structure his contract for a reasonable amount.

79794[/snapback]

Agreed. We had no choice but to let him go in free agency. Considering he was playing some of his best football at the time, I'm quite sure he was a cap casualty. If not, Donahoe and company have some explaining to do, as we haven't been as stout inside since he left, even with Adams and Williams here.

Adams was upset over the rotation. Why was Justin friggin Bannon coming in to spell him ?? The middle should be a 3 man rotation of Adams, Williams and Edwards. Bannon shouldn't play unless someone is hurt. He's a massive dropoff from the other 3.

I watched his play and he wasn't doing that bad. Sammy Morris didn't gain all his yardage running at Sam Adams. That's a crock of stevestojan. Blowing up at the Coaches was wrong but let's not start believing he's been bad all year. That's pure fantasy. He may be a fat bastard but he clogs the middle as well as anyone. This incident has been way overblown.

You're right. Adams has not been a complete waste since he was brought here and to suggest that is false. He did a pretty boneheaded thing by arguing with his coaches and I'm sure he's done what he needed to in order to make it right with them. Let's see how he comes out on Sunday.

Ted Washington continued his dominance the following year in Chicago almost leading them to the NFC Championship against the Rams. I still think he was one of the main reasons Brian Urlacher was unbelivable that season.