McCain Opens Big Lead Over Obama

In the new poll, taken Friday through Sunday, McCain leads Obama by 54%-44% among those seen as most likely to vote. The survey of 1,022 adults, including 959 registered voters, has a margin of error of +/— 3 points for both samples.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...nterstitialskip

Well, there it is. The country has gone hog wild over some chick because she hunts and fishes :wallbash:

What can one say. Hate and fear sells. Style over substance.

If they go on to win, we will see how much more the country continues to tank in the next 4 years. It is really not a big deal.

One either wants the Messiah or Barabbas and unfortunately most will pick Barabbas.

Pot, meet kettle...

Pot, meet kettle...

I don't hate. In fact, I kind of admire the Republicans for exploiting this. One has got to hand it to them.

When it comes to Palin... I think she is a great person... I don't like the fact that she was reckless with her last pregancy though. I just do not think most of the Republican talking points are what they are made out to be.

Don't confuse hate with disagreement.

If they go on to win, we will see how much more the country continues to tank in the next 4 years. It is really not a big deal.

One either wants the Messiah or Barabbas and unfortunately most will pick Barabbas.

You mean hate & fearmongering over style & substance.

Well, there it is. The country has gone hog wild over some chick because she hunts and fishes :wallbash:

As opposed to going hog wild over some guy because he's black and delivers prepared speeches well. :lol:

Style over substance.

Most hysterically ironic thing EVER posted in this forum. :lol::lol:

Relax 'tardies, it's just a bounce and will disappear in a few days. All your Messiah has to do is beat a 72 year old guy in the debates. But is this a preview of the whining that will go on if you guys lose?

As opposed to going hog wild over some guy because he's black and delivers prepared speeches well. :wallbash:

Most hysterically ironic thing EVER posted in this forum. :lol::lol:

Relax 'tardies, it's just a bounce and will disappear in a few days. All your Messiah has to do is beat a 72 year old guy in the debates. But is this a preview of the whining that will go on if you guys lose?

No by no means whining. I would really like to see the country go forward, if it stays the same... I don't mind. I am not being hard hit in any aspect of my life.

I wonder how long it takes President McCain to revert back to moderate positions on issues he held before he started running for President this time? And how long it will take before some right wing advisor poisons him

Hopefully soon, which would be a hell of a lot better than President Obama reverting back to his far left wing positions on issues he held before he started running for President.

Um, EI2, did you just call Obama 'The Messiah'?

Problem is, those numbers don't mean sh--, what counts are electoral college numbers, and right now McCain is behind in those. McCain could be up by 20 points nationally, and still lose the election. Someone said those national numbers are fun for us to look at, but the campaigns don't focus on them much. Obama has built up a strong ground game, with Palin in tow McCain is rushing to catch up.

Problem is, those numbers don't mean sh--, what counts are electoral college numbers, and right now McCain is behind in those. McCain could be up by 20 points nationally, and still lose the election. Someone said those national numbers are fun for us to look at, but the campaigns don't focus on them much. Obama has built up a strong ground game, with Palin in tow McCain is rushing to catch up.

I would just guess that the state by state polling has not caught up to the national polling as of yet.

I said it here before, I'll say it again: McCain will whomp Obama on election day. Obama is running a great campaign but it won't even be close.

The majority of Americans that don't fiddle in politics will simply go out on election day and vote for what's in their best interest and not what the media tells them. Let's face it, unless you are poor or an intellectual, voting conservative is in your best interest.

As for polls, poll numbers over the past decade or so completely favor democrats because conservatives will not waste 10-15 minutes on the phone taking a stupid survey.

So if polls are already showing McCain with a lead, that's a very bad thing for Obama.

As opposed to going hog wild over some guy because he's black and delivers prepared speeches well. :angry:

Most hysterically ironic thing EVER posted in this forum. :sick:<_<

Sad things is that one of these frauds will win because we live in a country that is too weak to look at the alternatives. Human nature is to be a sheep- and not just here.

RealClearPolitics state polls show Obama still ahead in all states that Kerry won in 2004, plus ahead in Bush won states of Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado, and tied in Virginia. McCain does not lead in any state Kerry won.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...vs_mccain/#data

I think those are all pre-Sarah polls

RealClearPolitics state polls show Obama still ahead in all states that Kerry won in 2004, plus ahead in Bush won states of Iowa, New Mexico, and Colorado, and tied in Virginia. McCain does not lead in any state Kerry won.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/ma...vs_mccain/#data

Just said on the news that state polls are usually a week or two behind national polls, and that has held true the last few months.

The variable in this election is the increased number of people registering to vote for the first time (younger, minorities) which largely favors Obama it they vote. I wonder whether the polls take them into consideration, especially since many younger people just have cell phones and not land lines. And Obama's campaign has learned from the Republicans and built up a large grassroots campaign base, which was significant in winning the primaries.