Obama and his "Muslim faith"

At least Obama admits he's a Muslim

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/0...ls-his-critics/

Glad Obama's different and not a politician now that he reflects he wanted to join the military just 25 years past his due date... glad he's a man for Change

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...S-military.html

Yah, that Obama, he would be a great Muslim president who almost was in the military.

Glad Obama's different and not a politician now that he reflects he wanted to join the military just 25 years past his due date... glad he's a man for Change

Yah, that Obama, he would be a great Muslim president who almost was in the military.

Very "important" news, that tell us... Nothing! about Obama. (well they tell us A LOT about you but that's not the point!!)

Beau Biden, 39, elder son of Senator Joe Biden, Mr Obama's running mate, is scheduled to go to Iraq early next year. Beau Biden is attorney general of Delaware and a captain in the legal corps of the US Army's National Guard. He is in line to inherit his father's Senate seat should Mr Obama win the White House.

I hadn't heard that before. Just a technical question --- what would be the protocol if the younger Biden were to take his father's place in the Senate? I imagine that's way too high of a security risk to have a sitting senator serving full-time in Iraq, never mind that he'd have to be in DC to do that job. What happens in this case?

I hadn't heard that before. Just a technical question --- what would be the protocol if the younger Biden were to take his father's place in the Senate? I imagine that's way too high of a security risk to have a sitting senator serving full-time in Iraq, never mind that he'd have to be in DC to do that job. What happens in this case?

I wonder if that's accurate. I always thought the Governor appointed replacement Senators.

I wonder if that's accurate. I always thought the Governor appointed replacement Senators.

Each state has different methods.... Some replace via governor appointment, some require special elections, and I believe some hash it out in the state legislature. And in there also, some states require such appointed seats to undergo election in the next round of statewide-office voting.

Just found something.

Link.

The rare presence of three sitting senators in the same presidential election has touched off a frenzy of speculation in the candidates’ home states about who their potential Senate substitutes might be. One thing, however, already appears certain: no governor’s appointment is likely to alter the chamber’s delicate balance of political power.

That’s because Napolitano is required by state law to choose a Republican to replace McCain if he prevails. Arizona is one of only three states where the governor must choose a Senate replacement from the same political party that vacated the seat, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. The other states are Hawaii and Wyoming.

Obama’s decision to choose Biden as his running mate has caused many pundits to speculate that Minner would choose the vice presidential hopeful’s son, Delaware Attorney General Joseph R. “Beau” Biden III, to replace him in the Senate. But that scenario has met with a complication: Beau Biden is a member of the Delaware Army National Guard and will leave Oct. 3 for a year-long deployment to Iraq. The younger Biden has said he plans to serve out the deployment.

Is there a bigger moron on this board?

Each state has different methods.... Some replace via governor appointment, some require special elections, and I believe some hash it out in the state legislature. And in there also, some states require such appointed seats to undergo election in the next round of statewide-office voting.

The general principle is covered by the 17th Amendment, though...which allows the governors to make temporary appointments (actually, allows state legislatures to authorize the governor to make temporary appointments...)

Generally, the only way I recall it being done in practice is the governor making an appointment that lasts until the next senate election.

The general principle is covered by the 17th Amendment, though...which allows the governors to make temporary appointments (actually, allows state legislatures to authorize the governor to make temporary appointments...)

Generally, the only way I recall it being done in practice is the governor making an appointment that lasts until the next senate election.

We just had our congresswoman pass away. They ran a special election to replace her.

Right. I.e. In the Carnahan posthumous election in '00, his wife was appointed by the Dem. Lt. Gov (who became Gov. upon Carnahan's death) to serve until '02, when they had a special election during the normal senate election cycle for the remaining 4 years of the term. Thanks for clarifying.

But I seem to remember there being something about some states having the state legislature involved where the legislature decides on a candidate and then the gov. was bound to ceremonially appoint that candidate to meet that clause. This may have been a one-off incident by special legislation where the gov. was of a different party. May be historical but I don't think such a situation today would be a surprise. I just can't recall which state... it was one of those grade-school things that stuck in a craw.

We just had our congresswoman pass away. They ran a special election to replace her.

Which is the process for the House: interim Congressmen aren't appointed, as popular representatives. Senators, as state representatives, can be interim appointments by the governor.

did you even read the article? <_< obviously not!

"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted with, "Christian faith."

"My Christian faith," Mr. Obama said quickly. "Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time."

So beat the living crap out of him for making a gaffe, he never said he was a Muslim. What else you got?

did you even read the article? <_< obviously not!

So beat the living crap out of him for making a gaffe, he never said he was a Muslim. What else you got?

You missed my point Capt. Obvious. I was waiting to see who would come to the defense of the Messiah, and yet who stays silent with the other side of the partisan sh*t. Read above.