Bills defense truly played TEAM BALL

COACH85

The one thing I noticed more then anything else during the Seahawks - Bills game was the swarming of the defense to every single tackle. How many missed tackles did you see by a Bills defender today? I didn't see many at all and it seemed like multiple defenders were right where they needed to be on every single play with very little "Yards after the Catch" by Seahawk receivers. Granted, we faced a depleted WR corps from Seattle but Perry really had his guys ready to play and the defensive scheme was excellent all day..............way to mix it up! I'm curious to see if our "D" can maintain this level of play on the road against a solid (but not spectacular) Jags team. As long as the offense can continue to be productive, move the chains, and keep the defense relatively rested, I think we can continue to see similar play from our defensive unit each game.

Some other key points I took notice of in this game:

- Marshawn didn't have many holes to run through all day and made something out of nothing several times.

I'm hoping Jason Peters getting back to LT and Langston going back to RT can open that up a little more for Marshawn.

- I hope Marshawn stays healthy all year because while Fred Jackson is a good 3rd down back, he's not even close to being in the same class of runner on a full time basis.

- Pass protection was great and I'm expecting it to only get better.

- James Hardy was invisible all day. I hope he learns this offense sooner rather then later...........we are gonna need him, especially in the red zone.

- I truly believe we are one solid LB away from being a top 5 defense in this league. Ellison is decent but still not sold on him as a difference maker at his position.

- Edwards is only scratching the surface of where he is going to take this offense and he can thank Turk Shonert for accelerating his progress, Fairchild was horrific!

- Disappointed with some of the inactives (Corner, Ellis, McCArgo), I was really hoping to see them all play although Corto looked great on Special Teams.

- Due to Pats losing Brady for year and squeaking out a win at home against a weak KC opponent, Chargers and Colts losing at home, Jags off to a 0-1 start, the Bills truly have a chance to win this division with a playoff berth and top seed a very real possibility now. The AFC looks completely up for grabs and the Bills young roster has a huge upside as the season moves along.