The Jets are not that good.... nor the Browns...

NavyBillsFan

Browns D looks VERY out of shape and slow. O looked good but kept looking around for somebody to make that big play.

Jets today looked like the Jets of last year. Farve's magic saved the day for them. Dolphins killed themselves at the end of the game with a couple of dropped passes for TD's that would of won it.

But heck, a win is a win.

Game of the week was the Carolina/SD game. GREAT GAME!

Browns offense looked as bad as the defense. Anderson had a stretch of almost an entire quarter without a completion - 8 or 9 straight incompletions, IIRC - and Edwards was a non-factor.

Their offense will get better when they get Jurevicious, Cribbs and Stallworth back, and the slow defense is going to have to have a way to get to the QB or find a way to cover some receivers with their young, inexperienced secondary. Romo enjoyed his time in the pocket and found guys like Witten, Owens and Crayton wide-open all day.

If the Browns want to contend they'll have to put up 30-35 points and hope to outscore everyone, because outside of Rogers and Wimbley on defense there's no one that scares anyone.

A lot of people were saying the Browns were gonna be good. I picked them as my team most likely to flop. I believe they'll crack under the pressure. The Steelers looked really good too, which gives them more trouble. Their secondary is weak and their D in general isn't all that great either. The offence, while explosive, features an aging RB and an inconsistent QB. But it's only week one, and the lost to a very good team.

The Jets don't scare me. They beat a bad team that was 1 and 15 last year.

But agaon, we have to employ a wait and see approach before we can really start drawing conclusions.

I doubt Brett Favre will be able to play at any type of high level for a full season. Along with his ability to win games by himself, he also has the ability to lose games by himself. Hopefully at this stage of his career, its more of the latter.