Football Night in America

RayFinkle

Mentioned that the Jags and Chargers both went down today, and with the injury to Brady they asked who were the potential new powerhouses in the AFC. Jerome mentioned the Steelers and Bills, Collinsworth agreed. Good times, actual national coverage...

Mentioned that the Jags and Chargers both went down today, and with the injury to Brady they asked who were the potential new powerhouses in the AFC. Jerome mentioned the Steelers and Bills, Collinsworth agreed. Good times, actual national coverage...

I remember the last time this happened. We crushed the Pats on opening day, beat the Jags the next week. Bad times after that.

Yep. Any Bills fan getting too excited .. all they need to do is look at our past 8 seasons to keep them grounded in reality.

Yes, agreed. We've- I've- got to keep our composure! We will know who we are in a month. Until then, we just beat a team without its top 2 WRs, and with 2 ST TD's. That won't be happening every week.

Yep. Any Bills fan getting too excited .. all they need to do is look at our past 8 seasons to keep them grounded in reality.

F reality. I want us to be good. I want people to know it. And I want us to keep winning. There is no reason why we should not feel great about today and the way the rest of the league turned out. I'm a realist and there is nothing that happened today that makes me think we won't end up in the playoffs as a powerhouse. If something happens next week to change my mind then so be it, but right now......SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Yes, agreed. We've- I've- got to keep our composure! We will know who we are in a month. Until then, we just beat a team without its top 2 WRs, and with 2 ST TD's. That won't be happening every week.

Agreed even with our pass rush Hasselbeck was still making good deciions just no one was catching it. Im optomistic because our d was physical and our o played well enough to win but im not ready to crown them yet beat jacksonville on the road like we did today and ill get a bit more excited

Why do they have Faith Hill singing the Sunday Night song? Didn't she do it last year? I hope this isn't going to be a yearly thing with her like Hank Williams on Monday's? I liked Pink's version and they should have had someone else this year. Maybe Alanis Morissette, Heart or some other chick. I just hate the same thing over and over. :devil:

It's one week into the season - let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Spoken like someone who is planning on us failing and doesn't want to be too dissappointed.

Also Seattle at one point in the game was down to there 5th and 6th string wideouts, so even though we looked like a playoff team this week, we still have got a lot to prove.

we still scored a lot of points on a supposed "Elite" defense.

I'm pretty hopeful.

Spoken like someone who is planning on us failing and doesn't want to be too dissappointed.

Just someone who realizes that a LOT of football is left to be played and lots can happen during the course of a season.

I'm more optimistic at this point than at any time in the last 8 years. Today just felt different. Instead of guys with nothing more than a name, a reputation and just being washed up, we got actual, good, solid players on D in Stroud and Mitchell. We have a QB with real potential that played well today (after the rust was shaken off). Not a QB that we were told has potential because the GM traded a few picks to move up to draft him.

Bills have the best Special Teams in the league. Can break a kick or punt for a TD any time they touch the ball. Coverage is among the best as well.

Instead of taking the FG and going up 23-10, they pull a fake FG deep out of the bag of tricks, it actually works, and go up 27-10. The Bills put this game away instead of letting Seattle stick around. That's a good sign.

Injuries to key players on OTHER teams for a change.

I fell things are finally falling into place and this isn't a fraud like the 8 previous seasons.

I'm more optimistic at this point than at any time in the last 8 years. Today just felt different. Instead of guys with nothing more than a name, a reputation and just being washed up, we got actual, good, solid players on D in Stroud and Mitchell. We have a QB with real potential that played well today (after the rust was shaken off). Not a QB that we were told has potential because the GM traded a few picks to move up to draft him.

Bills have the best Special Teams in the league. Can break a kick or punt for a TD any time they touch the ball. Coverage is among the best as well.

Instead of taking the FG and going up 23-10, they pull a fake FG deep out of the bag of tricks, it actually works, and go up 27-10. The Bills put this game away instead of letting Seattle stick around. That's a good sign.

I fell things are finally falling into place and this isn't a fraud like the 8 previous seasons.

agreed. we looked really really good today, and mitchell and stroud were HUGGGGEEE. best off season moves in the league...completely changed our D. Playoffs and then Super Bowl. lets stay injury free baby!!!

Collinsworth said "The Bills were awesome today"...and he's so right.

Right on, I think Big Dick lets his coaches coach more than we've been willing to admit the past few years.

The play to Royals after the turn over would have been a run up the middle for a small gain with fairchild.

Nuts-on accurate. Thanks for saving me the typing. This is different because everyone contributed.

Unsung stat: today the Buffalo Bills had one penalty.