Just wondering why we didn't see James Hardy

truth on hold

Is Hardy behind on development? His 1st preseason game was promising but ever since it's been a slow decline of visibility, leading to today wherein he was invisible. What's up? I know today was great but we still need the benefits of a large WR.

He was in the game a bunch of times, no catches though.

Is Hardy behind on development? His 1st preseason game was promising but ever since it's been a slow decline of visibility, leading to today wherein he was invisible. What's up? I know today was great but we still need the benefits of a large WR.

Don't think we really needed him today, did you?

Reed played well, and Roscoe wasn't killing us. It seemed to me that in the preseaon that he wasn't up on all of his asignments (audibles, breaking off routes early ect.) Why put him out there at the end of the game and risk getting a ball picked?

Let him sit and learn, this is a good thing IMO. No need to rush it.

i saw a post on bb.com "worrying" about the lack of rookie presence

you guys realize that this is a GOOD thing that we are not relying on rookies to have to make plays for us in their first start ever? right?

Hardy and the rest of the guys will come along. when they are supposed to. for now, thanks to great play and lack of injuries, they have the LUXURY of learning.

It's pretty rare for rookie receivers to make a big impact right away. There have been exceptions like Randy Moss, but most guys take about a year to really learn to make the proper reads at the line of scrimmage, and then the proper adjustments on the fly.

But they could use him right away in the red zone.

It's pretty rare for rookie receivers to make a big impact right away. There have been exceptions like Randy Moss, but most guys take about a year to really learn to make the proper reads at the line of scrimmage, and then the proper adjustments on the fly.

But they could use him right away in the red zone.

not really. calvin johnson put up good #'s for Detroit last year. And Colston was a force for Saints 2 years ago. Note that they are big WRs just like Hardy, so they have a size advantage that has nothing to do with being a rookie.

i saw a post on bb.com "worrying" about the lack of rookie presence

you guys realize that this is a GOOD thing that we are not relying on rookies to have to make plays for us in their first start ever? right?

Hardy and the rest of the guys will come along. when they are supposed to. for now, thanks to great play and lack of injuries, they have the LUXURY of learning.

Precisely correct. It's quite refreshing to not see rookie mistakes in game 1.