A few post-game thoughts

Simon

-You gotta wonder if Holmgren is quietly questioning his decision to return. He just got his ass handed to him by young Perry Fewell. What a superbly called game.

-Props also to the coaches on the other side of the ball. It's is unspeakably refreshing to to see a crisply executed offense run by guys who all know thier jobs. The variety he showed kept pressure on the Seahawks defense all day long and allowed teh Bills to dictate pace and keep Seattle in react mode.

-I f'ing love Bobby April. And credit to Brian Moorman for doing such a tremendous job winning hte field position battle in the early part of the game.

-Chalk one up for Whitner. He's going to knock a lot of people out this year and he's already on the board. His stick on Maurice Morris put him on the shelf for the day and the Seattle running game was dead in the water the second Morris was out.

-I'm glad the Bills weren't penalized for having too many Spencer Johnsons on the field. Geebus, that guy spent the entire day in the Seahawks backfield. Between him and Stroud we might not anchor as well as we like but these guys are definitely going to create a lot of problems for opposing offenses.

-Lee Evans is going to be a terror if we can find anybody to take some pressure off him from the other side of the field. Edwards accuracy improved as the game went on and could really help vault Evans into the upper echelon of WR's.

-Even as a PSU fan I wasn't expecting to see Paul Posluzny as effective in coverage as he showed to day. The announcing crew gave him grief on the Burleson TD drop but that one was on T McGee who was late to recognize and then lost his footing trying to cut-back too hard too late.

-Like to see the Bills a little better in short yardage situations. Running over Fowler is going to be a problem on those downs.

-Glad I drafted the Bills Def/ST as my lone homer pick. This could be a fun year. :thumbsup:

-Expecting a loss next week in Jacksonville but it's nice to feel like we'll at least be competitive and have a shot.

-Nice job from the 12th man. Props to those of you who were there!

-You gotta wonder if Holmgren is quietly questioning his decision to return. He just got his ass handed to him by young Perry Fewell. What a superbly called game.

-Props also to the coaches on the other side of the ball. It's is unspeakably refreshing to to see a crisply executed offense run by guys who all know thier jobs. The variety he showed kept pressure on the Seahawks defense all day long and allowed teh Bills to dictate pace and keep Seattle in react mode.

-I f'ing love Bobby April. And credit to Brian Moorman for doing such a tremendous job winning hte field position battle in the early part of the game.

-Chalk one up for Whitner. He's going to knock a lot of people out this year and he's already on the board. His stick on Maurice Morris put him on the shelf for the day and the Seattle running game was dead in the water the second Morris was out.

-I'm glad the Bills weren't penalized for having too many Spencer Johnsons on the field. Geebus, that guy spent the entire day in the Seahawks backfield. Between him and Stroud we might not anchor as well as we like but these guys are definitely going to create a lot of problems for opposing offenses.

-Lee Evans is going to be a terror if we can find anybody to take some pressure off him from the other side of the field. Edwards accuracy improved as the game went on and could really help vault Evans into the upper echelon of WR's.

-Like to see the Bills a little better in short yardage situations. Running over Fowler is going to be a problem on those downs.

-Glad I drafted the Bills Def/ST as my lone homer pick. This could be a fun year. :thumbsup:

-Expecting a loss next week in Jacksonville but it's nice to feel like we'll at least be competitive and have a shot.

Good stuff, although I wouldn't count us out in Jax yet. I watched some of their game today, and Jacksonville's offense did not look good at all. Tennessee got to Garrard for seven sacks and picked him off twice.

-Even as a PSU fan I wasn't expecting to see Paul Posluzny as effective in coverage as he showed to day. The announcing crew gave him grief on the Burleson TD drop but that one was on T McGee who was late to recognize and then lost his footing trying to cut-back too hard too late.

Couple of things:

- First good Turk/bad Turk: loved the draw call on 3rd and long for the TD by Lynch; don't understand why you empty the backfield on 3rd and 1 though?

- I feel a lot better about the O-line depth now. Someone will go down before the season ends, and today showed they can be solid when that happens.

- Glad the team did not give up on Youboty, he is coming into his own.

- Finally, will Moorman create a QB controversy? :D

Couple of things:

- First good Turk/bad Turk: loved the draw call on 3rd and long for the TD by Lynch; don't understand why you empty the backfield on 3rd and 1 though?

I guess you have to take them all together don't you? The screen call was also well timed (it was a good time to call that play), but poorly executed. I also thought the WR screen was a good call. Nice to see some diversity.

We did good today and beat a playoff team from LY. I absolutely love that!!!! But, offensively we still have a ways to go. Too many poorly thrown or dropped passes. 4 for 15 on third downs, mainly due to the drops and poor throws. Too many return yards against our ST.

But--I shall enjoy this win and have a few brews in the team's honor.

>-Props also to the coaches on the other side of the ball. It's is unspeakably refreshing to to see a crisply executed offense run by guys who all know thier jobs. The variety he showed kept pressure on the Seahawks defense all day long and allowed teh Bills to dictate pace and keep Seattle in react mode.

Agreed - although things were a bit rough at first - esp 3rd down. I will always hate the empty backfield on 3rd and 1! :thumbsup:

> -I f'ing love Bobby April. And credit to Brian Moorman for doing such a tremendous job winning hte field position battle in the early part of the game.

The first few ST plays I was saying to myself "Who the F is 57?" Then I saw it was Corto - then I understood why he is is on the roster. The last block on Roscos's TD was more than a thing of beauty. That whole return was a thing of beauty - not just for Roscoe's moves - but the blocking was incredible - and guys who originally were out of the play - running upfield to get back in the play and hit someone - and seiing guys throughout who pulled up if it would have been a penalty. Crazy hustle and hitting but SMART. Incredible. The STs will keep them in games or win games this year - April really is onto something lobbbying for fringe players to be ST contributers.

> -Chalk one up for Whitner. He's going to knock a lot of people out this year and he's already on the board. His stick on Maurice Morris put him on the shelf for the day and the Seattle running game was dead in the water the second Morris was out.

He made a great stop preventing a 1st down on a TE out in the flat as well.

> -I'm glad the Bills weren't penalized for having too many Spencer Johnsons on the field. Geebus, that guy spent the entire day in the Seahawks backfield. Between him and Stroud we might not anchor as well as we like but these guys are definitely going to create a lot of problems for opposing offenses.

The best thing was seeing Stroud running around chasing Hassel like a madman - who knew he had such wheeels?

Mitchell should get husge props from what I saw too - he seemed to be everywhere.

> -Lee Evans is going to be a terror if we can find anybody to take some pressure off him from the other side of the field. Edwards accuracy improved as the game went on and could really help vault Evans into the upper echelon of WR's.

I'm glad Trent setttled down. If the defense and STs can play like that every game we won't need him to do much more than he did today.

> -Even as a PSU fan I wasn't expecting to see Paul Posluzny as effective in coverage as he showed to day. The announcing crew gave him grief on the Burleson TD drop but that one was on T McGee who was late to recognize and then lost his footing trying to cut-back too hard too late.

This is the one place where I differ. I saw Poz miss bad on at least 5 plays - out of position and sometimes even seemed to give up on the play. I didn't think he played well at all. Expecting much more from him as the season continues...

> -Like to see the Bills a little better in short yardage situations. Running over Fowler is going to be a problem on those downs.

Hopefully getting Peters back will help in this.

> -Glad I drafted the Bills Def/ST as my lone homer pick. This could be a fun year. :D

Me too - I always draft Bills D as my last pick. This year I may actually get mucho points from the premire FF ST/D in the league :thumbsup:

> -Expecting a loss next week in Jacksonville but it's nice to feel like we'll at least be competitive and have a shot.

Have to disagree here too - not sure why you are saying this? Jax lost to a mediocre Titans team - 189 total yards (33 yds rushing!). Stroud should be *highly* motivated - heck - Peters might even be back. I also I think our offense will improve week to week. I like our chances.

This is the one place where I differ. I saw Poz miss bad on at least 5 plays - out of position and sometimes even seemed to give up on the play. I didn't think he played well at all. Expecting much more from him as the season continues...

He didn't do badly for his 3rd pro game.

3 tackles, 3 assists, almost 2 INT's, called the D signals.

I expect more of him, but I'm not disappointed in where he is in his development as a Pro Bowl prospect.

> -Expecting a loss next week in Jacksonville but it's nice to feel like we'll at least be competitive and have a shot.

Have to disagree here too - not sure why you are saying this? Jax lost to a mediocre Titans team - 189 total yards (33 yds rushing!). Stroud should be *highly* motivated - heck - Peters might even be back. I also I think our offense will improve week to week. I like our chances.

I have to agree with this. J-Ville looked like sh*t today. And when we played them last year (wih half of a team, and JP starting), it was close until the very end. Should be fun.

BTW, love the rest of the post. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with this. J-Ville looked like sh*t today. And when we played them last year (wih half of a team, and JP starting), it was close until the very end. Should be fun.

Add to this that we have a Jaguars castoff named Stroud.

And he will be pi$$ed.

Okay, my post game thoughts

1) Another thread was about Bradys injury being karma, and I want the Bils to remove all Karma and give Dickie an extension NOW. Last guy who won a big game opening day, playing in Jacksonville second game of the year without a contract did not end so well. If for no no other reason get Jaauron an extension NOW.

2) How much better can it get for Corto. God Bless him love those stories.

3)Loved the game plan in all phases.

4) Fug Fox for short shifting the haltime presentation to KE. Any more detail from folks there greatly appreciated!!

That whole return was a thing of beauty - not just for Roscoe's moves - but the blocking was incredible - and guys who originally were out of the play - running upfield to get back in the play and hit someone - and seiing guys throughout who pulled up if it would have been a penalty. Crazy hustle and hitting but SMART. Incredible. The STs will keep them in games or win games this year - April really is onto something lobbbying for fringe players to be ST contributers.

The only thing I didn't like about it is seeing Whitner out there on punt return duty.

That makes me waaaaaay too nervous.

> -Even as a PSU fan I wasn't expecting to see Paul Posluzny as effective in coverage as he showed to day. The announcing crew gave him grief on the Burleson TD drop but that one was on T McGee who was late to recognize and then lost his footing trying to cut-back too hard too late.

I won't argue that Posluzny has room for improvement and needs to get better in a few areas. But I was only referring to his ability to drop into coverage effectively and defend NFL players. It was the one area where I was afraid he'd have some struggles in his transition to the pro game. So far that doesn't seem to be the case.

Jax lost to a mediocre Titans team - 189 total yards (33 yds rushing!). Stroud should be *highly* motivated - heck - Peters might even be back. I also I think our offense will improve week to week. I like our chances.

I hate the Titans, but they are not a mediocre team. Vince Young is their biggest problem, but they are a very solid team that has serious playoff potential this season. Don't overlook the Jags just because they failed to get into a groove in a rough, division matchup in Week 1.

I hate the Titans, but they are not a mediocre team. Vince Young is their biggest problem, but they are a very solid team that has serious playoff potential this season. Don't overlook the Jags just because they failed to get into a groove in a rough, division matchup in Week 1.

Agreed. And part of the reason that Garrard had so much trouble is that the Titans' D did a great job shutting down the Jags' running game. For the Bills to win, they must also have success stopping Fred Taylor and MJD.

Agreed. And part of the reason that Garrard had so much trouble is that the Titans' D did a great job shutting down the Jags' running game. For the Bills to win, they must also have success stopping Fred Taylor and MJD.

And don't forget the Jags will have Jerry Porter in their lineup for the first time.

And don't forget the Jags will have Jerry Porter in their lineup for the first time.

If Porter plays, he'll be out-of-synch, since he's missed all of training camp and pre-season following hamstring surgery. And even if he plays, he probably won't be 100%.

If Porter plays, he'll be out-of-synch, since he's missed all of training camp and pre-season following hamstring surgery. And even if he plays, he probably won't be 100%.

True. Braylon Edwards missed a lot of camp with the Browns and he very looked out of sync with Derek Anderson this week.