The End Of World Is At Hand!

molson_golden2002

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes,

an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,

world serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs.

Feed it off an aux speak,, grunt, no, strength,

The ladder starts to clatter with fear fight down height.

Wire in a fire, representing seven games, a government for hire and a combat site.

Left of west and coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.

Look at that low playing!

Fine, then.

Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.

Save yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and the revered and the right - right.

You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers.

Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.

Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting.

Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.

Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.

Watch your heel crush, crushed. Uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier.

Renegade steer clear! A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies.

Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it. (It's time I had some time alone)

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone) and I feel fine.

(I feel fine)

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone) and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental drift divide. Mountains sit in a line

Leonard Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev. Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs.

Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom!

You symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it (It's time I had some time alone) and I feel fine..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can and will probably create micro black holes, but they aren't going to destroy the world. Micro black holes emit so much energy (Hawking radiation) so they quickly wink out of existence/explode into a bunch of particles.

Doubt even that. We're talking collision energies on the order of hundreds of millions of GeV (which sounds like a lot, except a GeV is very, very small. That's about a millionth of a microgram of mass. I'm not even sure it's possible for a black hole to form that small...relativity allows it, but that's small enough for quantum effects to take precedence, so there's no theory that begins to describe it.

But then, that's why they built the collider. To see if they can figure out a theory.

Doubt even that. We're talking collision energies on the order of hundreds of millions of GeV (which sounds like a lot, except a GeV is very, very small. That's about a millionth of a microgram of mass. I'm not even sure it's possible for a black hole to form that small...relativity allows it, but that's small enough for quantum effects to take precedence, so there's no theory that begins to describe it.

But then, that's why they built the collider. To see if they can figure out a theory.

Yeah, i misspoke when i said they probably can. they theoretically can. Whether it happens or not, who knows. I want to see how long it before they can detect the possible presence of the higgs boson. Or even mroe interesting, if they can't detect its presence.

I also saw a shirt that you need, Tom.

http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/...2f0dc0b0-xl.jpg

honestly, how frickin awesome would it be if they accidentally created a black hole?

i wonder how long it would take to eat up our planet? would it happen instantly? over a couple of hours?

we really have nothing to lose with this cause even if it does create a world ending black hole, there wont be anything left to care about, or anyone left to care, for that matter. in a perfect world, we'd have 24 hours to party our asses off while it slowly ate up europe and worked its way through the universe. but id imagine it would all be done pretty quickly.

id like to find out how quickly?

Would it just suck up the world, or the whole solar system?

It can and will probably create micro black holes, but they aren't going to destroy the world. Micro black holes emit so much energy (Hawking radiation) so they quickly wink out of existence/explode into a bunch of particles.

i know about the "harmless" micro black holes that it might create and that they will "burn off" quickly.

someone needs to humor me to answer what im asking about. if they created a large enough black hole, how long would it take to swallow the earth? I need to ask Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Any way to have one just big enough to take care of France then die out?

IMO we should take this slowly and start out small. Before taking out the universe, solar system, earth, or france, wouldn't it be safer to test this thing on a smaller scale. Say Washington DC or Berkeley, CA?

i know about the "harmless" micro black holes that it might create and that they will "burn off" quickly.

The black holes this device could possibly create are so small they could pass through an atomic nucleus without "touching" any of the nucleons. No quotes are necessary, they are literally harmless.

someone needs to humor me to answer what im asking about. if they created a large enough black hole, how long would it take to swallow the earth? I need to ask Neil DeGrasse Tyson

About six days.

Seriously...what's a "large enough" black hole to "swallow" the earth? Probably one with an event horizon about the size of the earth...which is a seriously big black hole (if you turned the ENTIRE planet into energy, you couldn't even begin to create a black hole a measurable fraction of that size).

I am a big fan of Dr DeGrasse Tyson. Define "large enough black hole" black holes are not massive in terms of girth, they are massive in terms of density. I surmise a tiny black hole would vacuum up earth in a nanosecond

IMO we should take this slowly and start out small. Before taking out the universe, solar system, earth, or france, wouldn't it be safer to test this thing on a smaller scale. Say Washington DC or Berkeley, CA?

Nah, let's twist the knife a little and test it on Boston and Foxborough, Mass.

They had a show about it on the History Channel tonight. The Atlas detector can collect so much data that it could fill up all the memory in all the computers on earth in one day.

This would be mankind's greatest technological achievement since the Apollo, and perhaps ever. This is history in the making