The Chargers barely sold out their regular season opener?

JK2000

FOX AFFILIATE BUYS UNSOLD CHARGERS TICKETS

Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2008, 4:46 p.m.

The Chargers avoided having their regular-season opener blacked out in San Diego when the brand-new, local FOX affiliate bought the balance of the unsold tickets.

The team announced the development today.

Typically, CBS will televise Chargers games. But when they host an NFC team, FOX has the game.

“Charger fans all around San Diego are excited to see this new season begin. Now every fan not attending the game will be able to see it on Fox 5 San Diego”, said Ray Schonbak, Fox 5 San Diego vice president and general manager. ”Fox 5 San Diego is the new home for the ‘NFL on Fox’ and we are thrilled to kick off the season and showcase the Chargers’ home opener this Sunday. It’s important that all fans be able to enjoy this game. Go Chargers!”

Yeah, go Chargers! They’re an elite NFL team, and they can’t even sell out their own stadium. Go Chargers, indeed. To another city.

Atlanta TV station bought the remaining tix for Falcons-Lions to lift the blackout there.

All of this weekend's games are now listed as sellouts, but it was damn close for a couple of them ... including Jets-Dolphins. Guess Chad Pennington isn't stirring up a fan frenzy in Habana Norte?

Guest dog14787

Something about being out west along the coast, its like the sands that forgot Football or something.

I think I might have figured out why at least from my perspective, being as I suffered badly (sometimes not so badly) from it myself,

Doggonit, its all the beautiful woman in bikinis everywhere. :rolleyes: