Out of the mouth of babes

And so you'll want to read this story.  Well actually you won't want to, but if you think your story is meaningful then you can't argue with this one, which is just as scientific and is a much larger sample.

79896[/snapback]

I think his point was less about the result and more about the process...

And so you'll want to read this story.  Well actually you won't want to, but if you think your story is meaningful then you can't argue with this one, which is just as scientific and is a much larger sample.

79896[/snapback]

I think they are all cute.

I caught one line out of Eryns though, that I found disturbing. "My Mommy told me Kerry will give us all health care, so I'll vote for Kerry."

It's their parents I'm more concerned with. I'm already very aware he plans on cutting defense to make his budget plans work, and it isn't a drop in the bucket. middle America? If you have a combined income of about 75K, look out.

Perhaps but this story also includes a brief discussion of comprehension by kiddies.

79902[/snapback]

4 years ago during the florida fiasco, a teacher friend of mine tried something. she got a copy of the florida butterfly ballot, you know the one that was soooo confusing.

instead of bush/gore/nader/buchannon/etc she substituted in colors blue/green/red/etc and had the elementary school kids vote for their favorite color and they were to write the choice they made on it as well

they all understood the ballot and had no problems with it

It was about the process Tom. I think its great the children learn these things. Aside from their parents obvious political feelings. On one hand you have the George Will Op-ed and on the other you have this article, quite a contrast. As a parent it is so important to teach your children responsibility. Because its obvious there are some in this country the wont do it for their kids. As some adults have in the past shown, the don’t care, nor want to learn how to vote. I thought it was a great article about how teachers can be pro-active in teaching kids the importance of voting.

It was about the process Tom. I think its great the children learn these things. Aside from their parents obvious political feelings. On one hand you have the George Will Op-ed and on the other you have this article, quite a contrast. As a parent it is so important to teach your children responsibility. Because its obvious there are some in this country the wont do it for their kids. As some adults have in the past shown, the don’t care, nor want to learn how to vote. I thought it was a great article about how teachers can be pro-active in teaching kids the importance of voting.

79922[/snapback]

My father userd to take me to the polls with him when I was a young boy. I learned how to vote by watching him.

Thanks, dad, I'm glad I didn't turn out to be one of those semi-illiterate half-retarded people that can't figure out a simple ballot.

:w00t: