Jason Peters and his fines

keep in mind that that negotiation may be what got him back in the locker room.

im assuming the same thing unfortunately.

if anything, they SHOULD simply cut the fines in half. that way, it would work out to the check for week 1 (since he is missing the game anyways) and part of week 2 (since we wont know how he'll perform)

that would be the truly "fair" way to do it...

So while on the subject of right/wrong, win/lose, what do you think will happen to the half million in fines JP has accrued?

I'd like to see the amount of the fine be tied to how ready he really is to play. If he steps right in and doesn't miss a beat, then I'd be OK if they cut him a little slack. Whatever happens I say no less than one game check in fines. The amount needs to be sizeable enough to act as a deterrent for others not to do the same thing next season.

Because Peters is showing up tomorrow, the Bills have to pay him his game check for Sunday, at $190,000. Peters has missed everything so far: OTA's, minicamp, and preseason games. He hasn't even practiced once, and he's getting paid. If I were the Bills, you bet your ass he's getting fined, at the very minimum the $190,000 the Bills should want back. That pisses me off that he can show up for one day and they have to pay him almost $200,000 for acting like a little B word all offseason.