Palin's plane not sold on ebay at a loss

So another Republican exaggeration. McCain even misstated that it was sold for a profit.

She said it was put on ebay, implying it was sold there. It was not, it was sold privately at a $600,000 loss.

See CNN this evening.

Welcome Palin, now that the press got set up on the baby thing, they are checking their facts and setting you up. Watch the exaggerations and implied accomplishments that are not real. I am sure there will be more.

Next on CNN... Troopergate, the Trooper that Palin is going after, is being interviewed. Should be interesting.

So another Republican exaggeration. McCain even misstated that it was sold for a profit.

She said it was put on ebay, implying it was sold there. It was not, it was sold privately at a $600,000 loss.

See CNN this evening.

Welcome Palin, now that the press got set up on the baby thing, they are checking their facts and setting you up. Watch the exaggerations and implied accomplishments that are not real. I am sure there will be more.

Next on CNN... Troopergate, the Trooper that Palin is going after, is being interviewed. Should be interesting.

Wonder if he'll have his taser.

Check it out now, apparently he has a spotty record.

I've heard that somewhere else. Supposedly he's quite the bozo cop and was cruising for a suspension regardless.

Now...even if he's earned one, he probably won't get it for it now being so high-profile.

Check it out now, apparently he has a spotty record.

But the objectionable part is that Palin's staffers pulled his record and reviewed it, which is NOT supposed to happen. Otherwise they wouldn't have known what was in his file.

People get fired or forced out of governmental agencies for looking up celeb records etc. Granted I would like to know if there's a bad cop out there but...you know, due process, right to privacy etc. Cops have rights too.

Holy crap. I must have been the only one who thought her Ebay comment was a joke.

Or...maybe it was a joke...and people are running out of things to criticize and have to start making stuff up. THAT is completely believable.

Zo you think Zarah Palin wuz making a joke?

Holy crap. I must have been the only one who thought her Ebay comment was a joke.

Or...maybe it was a joke...and people are running out of things to criticize and have to start making stuff up. THAT is completely believable.

Do explain what the joke was. I thought she was quoting it as an example of how she eliminated wasteful spending. INitially the plane was used to transport prisoners to a jail but gradually began being used by Murkowski more. Eventually the prisoners started being transported by commercial airlines, saving a bunch of money per flight (a good thing ofcourse). She could have stated that outcome rather that attempting to come across as one who did a great favor by putting it on ebay. Estimates of the loss on the eventual sale to a private party range from $300K to $600K.

Do explain what the joke was. I thought she was quoting it as an example of how she eliminated wasteful spending. INitially the plane was used to transport prisoners to a jail but gradually began being used by Murkowski more. Eventually the prisoners started being transported by commercial airlines, saving a bunch of money per flight (a good thing ofcourse). She could have stated that outcome rather that attempting to come across as one who did a great favor by putting it on ebay. Estimates of the loss on the eventual sale to a private party range from $300K to $600K.

How are you defining the loss on the sale? Is that against the sunk costs (which aren't recoverable anyhow) or against revenues they could have generated by keeping the plane?

Put on e-bay does not mean sold. A lot of states require surplus material to be put on e-bay first. If it doesn't get the minimum, it goes to regular auction. Looks to me that they ended up getting more than the bids were on e-bay.

Today , a bunch of lefties in North Hollywood are bitching because they used a nice picture of their elementary school in the background during McCain's Speech. If you take a picture from the sidewalk (which is public land) it is perfectly legal. If I try to sell it, then you have a case. I have to do just that for work.

The dems can't find anything to complain about. Grasping at straws.

See CNN this evening.

I think they wanted to mention ebay because they felt McCain got burned by lacking internet experience

Put on e-bay does not mean sold. A lot of states require surplus material to be put on e-bay first. If it doesn't get the minimum, it goes to regular auction. Looks to me that they ended up getting more than the bids were on e-bay.

Today , a bunch of lefties in North Hollywood are bitching because they used a nice picture of their elementary school in the background during McCain's Speech. If you take a picture from the sidewalk (which is public land) it is perfectly legal. If I try to sell it, then you have a case. I have to do just that for work.

The dems can't find anything to complain about. Grasping at straws.

I think people are more concerned that the McCain campaign is too stupid to know the difference between Walter Reed Middle School and Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

But the objectionable part is that Palin's staffers pulled his record and reviewed it, which is NOT supposed to happen. Otherwise they wouldn't have known what was in his file.

People get fired or forced out of governmental agencies for looking up celeb records etc. Granted I would like to know if there's a bad cop out there but...you know, due process, right to privacy etc. Cops have rights too.

Oh! The injustice of it all! Sanitized indignation :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: that's a funny mess-up. Some staffer will get canned for that

This is a line from the same article:

"Eventually, the McCain camp today issued a statement insisting that that no mistake had been made. "The changing image-screen was linked to the American thematics of the speech and the public school was simply part of it," said spokesman Tucker Bounds. "

Grasping at straws. grasping at straws.

Nicer than the roman circus Nobama had