The 'Model' Franchise

webtoe

The circumstances with Peters and Crowell have got me thinking about the team that, much to our chagrine, has been called the Model franchise.

The 18-1's have run their organization with the TEAM first attitude that I think the Bills and many other teams would like to emulate.

In Peters case, how do think Piolo / Belicheck would have handled it. Exactly the same way the Bills are. There are a number of Pro Bowl players, including a couple on the Offensive Line making less than market value for the sake of the team. They would not be held hostage to a player with 3 years remaininng on a contract. They would simply move on with the players that wanted to be there.

In Crowell's case, do you think Belicheck would stand for a player doing what it appears Crowell did at the last minute? - He likely would have done the same thing, since he couldn't cut him outrght now that he was injured.

Say what you will, but most of the players on the 18-1's put the team first, and it has helped lead them to a level of success that I am sure we all hope the Bills will attain in the near future.