If we're in recession ..

Your statements of people wishing for something bad to happen... well, they are still dumb to say.

And yet, your liberal buddies are rioting in Minny, tearing up parks, attempting to siege the convention 2 nights ago, etc....

There are those on the left that would do anything to take down the GOP no matter the cost.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And yet, your liberal buddies are rioting in Minny, tearing up parks, attempting to siege the convention 2 nights ago, etc....

There are those on the left that would do anything to take down the GOP no matter the cost.

Yes, my liberal buddies. Because I believe in everything they believe in and I am such a extremist. :w00t: :w00t:

And the right wouldn't do that to the Dems? Fooling yourself?

They are not liberals, they are anarchists--anti-government people. Not liberals but lib...oh, never mind

http://media.www.dailygamecock.com/media/s...t-3412000.shtml

Yes, my liberal buddies. Because I believe in everything they believe in and I am such a extremist. :w00t: :w00t:

And the right wouldn't do that to the Dems? Fooling yourself?

Never said that. But the start of this thread was basically cheering for an official recession just so the dems could win. Don't tell me the originator is hoping for a recession just so his/her dreams come true, screw the 5.7% out of work and misssing mortgage payments.

There are lots on both sides, sad that we see it here, so overtly.

Never said that. But the start of this thread was basically cheering for an official recession just so the dems could win. Don't tell me the originator is hoping for a recession just so his/her dreams come true, screw the 5.7% out of work and misssing mortgage payments.

There are lots on both sides, sad that we see it here, so overtly.

Where in the OP is there any cheering for a recession? He's pointing out the obvious. If we're in a recession the party of record is hosed. I don't see anything suggesting he's stoked at all.

I always wondered why you don't see Republicans making fools of themselves by 'crashing' the Democratic Convention and trying to disrupt it with floor protests?

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot...we have jobs.

I always wondered why you don't see Republicans making fools of themselves by 'crashing' the Democratic Convention and trying to disrupt it with floor protests?

You are right democrats don't have jobs. DER.

I guess Democrats are just better at vetting people and providing security.

I guess Democrats are just better at vetting people and providing security.

Hey, it's PastaJoe Biden again!

Dems, better at 'vetting'? Really? You mean like Tom Eagleton?

When Senator George McGovern won the Democratic nomination for President, virtually all of the high-profile Democrats, including Ted Kennedy, Walter Mondale, Hubert Humphrey, Edmund Muskie[2] and Birch Bayh turned down offers to run on the ticket.

Having been declined by the "name" Senators, McGovern turned to lesser-known candidates, and Eagleton, who had opposed the Vietnam War, was selected on July 14 with only a minimal background check. Eagleton made no mention of his earlier hospitalizations. Newspapers soon revealed them. McGovern and Eagleton initially joked about the case with Eagleton saying he would undergo a psychiatric examination if other candidates (e.g., Nixon) would do the same.

After others were considered, the campaign settled on Mr. Eagleton, at 42 a young, Roman Catholic senator with a liberal voting record and the good opinion of labor. That afternoon, on July 13, 1972, Frank Mankiewicz, a top McGovern aide, asked Mr. Eagleton if there was anything in his background that might embarrass the campaign.

Mr. Eagleton said there was not. He did not tell Mr. Mankiewicz that he had been hospitalized three times for depression and that his treatment twice involved electroshock therapy.

But rumors began circulating among politicians and journalists. Mr. Eagleton held a news conference on July 25 in Custer, S.D., where he had just briefed the vacationing Mr. McGovern over breakfast. Mr. Eagleton told reporters that he had been treated for “nervous exhaustion.” But in response to questions, he acknowledged that the treatment had included psychiatric counseling and electric shocks.

Well that was an excellent job of vetting. How'd McGovern do against Nixon that year?

Well that was an excellent job of vetting. How'd McGovern do against Nixon that year?

Nixon had his own vetting problems with Spiro Agnew.

Sort of like clinton bookending his. Funny how that works isn't.

Now go back and pray to allah for something bad to happen to us, and further your "cause".

For both of you partisan hacks, there was a recession during Bush1's term; there was no recession at the start of Clinton's 8 years. For Bush2, the recession began before his term started--it began at the end of Clinton's term. It may be true that Bush2 is the only president since WWII to begin and end his term in recession, but that's not assigning blame, especially in terms of him inheriting the first one. As for what to expect, from my new favorite prognosticator:

Roubini

You have to go back 40 years for an example? OK, let's go back 40 years and consider McCain's judgement in cheating on his wife with the potential First Mistress Sin-dy McCain.

You have to go back 40 years for an example? OK, let's go back 40 years and consider McCain's judgement in cheating on his wife with the potential First Mistress Sin-dy McCain.

Of all people, Clinton supporters should know better than to bring up marital infidelity as an issue. :lol:

Nixon had his own vetting problems with Spiro Agnew.

Excellent point - guess ya 'got me', although I think Agnew lasted a bit longer as Veep than Eagleton's 18 days as running mate! :lol:

We could probably go back & forth ad nauseum, unless you wanna get back to how Obama's 2 terms in the Illinois State Senate somehow makes him any more experienced than Gov. Palin, or how we should feel more comfortable with someone as green, inexperienced, and unproven as Barrack Obama facing down our worst enemies, than some like - oh, I don't know - maybe someone with 23 years of honored, highly decorated military service and another 26 years in the US House & Senate.

Of course, if you prefer to talk about Joe Biden's academic career, I'm perfectly willing to go there, too. :lol:

Of all people, Clinton supporters should know better than to bring up marital infidelity as an issue. :lol:

At the risk of stating the obvious, Clinton supporters DIDN'T make it an issue. Wingnuts did.

These are the same people who preach that abstinence is the only acceptable birth control and that only dirty lowlifes have extra-marital sex and get pregnant...unless of course it's one of their own and THEN it's God-given miracle worthy of canonization.

Excellent point - guess ya 'got me', although I think Agnew lasted a bit longer as Veep than Eagleton's 18 days as running mate! :lol:

We could probably go back & forth ad nauseum, unless you wanna get back to how Obama's 2 terms in the Illinois State Senate somehow makes him any more experienced than Gov. Palin, or how we should feel more comfortable with someone as green, inexperienced, and unproven as Barrack Obama facing down our worst enemies, than some like - oh, I don't know - maybe someone with 23 years of honored, highly decorated military service and another 26 years in the US House & Senate.

Of course, if you prefer to talk about Joe Biden's academic career, I'm perfectly willing to go there, too. :lol:

So you're more comfortable with a fossil of a man who is constantly getting malignant growths scraped off his face while

and his protégé, the Ex-Beauty Queen runner-up who went through 5 colleges in 6 years in her pursuit of the ever elusive Bachelor's of Journalism degree? Are you kidding? If Iran decides to launch you better hope it's between 6am and 5pm or else Old Man McCain is going to be sawing logs like there's no tomorrow!

So you're more comfortable with a fossil of a man who is constantly getting malignant growths scraped off his face while
and his protégé, the Ex-Beauty Queen runner-up who went through 5 colleges in 6 years in her pursuit of the ever elusive Bachelor's of Journalism degree? Are you kidding? If Iran decides to launch you better hope it's between 6am and 5pm or else Old Man McCain is going to be sawing logs like there's no tomorrow!

Better than Obama and his buddy Ayers building bombs to blow up federal buildings with.