Either way, I like Todd Palin

Having worked for a commercial fisherman on the Great Lakes, those guys are the salt of the earth. I respect him for taking care of his family. I love his line about asking more questions about when Sarah joined the PTA.

P.S. McCain put me to sleep. His speech was trying to get the voters to the polls, oh really... the lemming on morning Joe is saying this. Mc Cain's story is compelling but he looked old. You know when you listen to your grandfather tell stories and he goes on slowly forever. Interesting but get to the point sometime today.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting point - Jesus was also a Fisherman.

I know McCain is trying to solidify his base, but hadn't thought about just how calculating he had been with this Veep selection 'til you pointed out the connection. :thumbsup:

Dems - do NOT underestimate Capt. McCain - it will be your undoing.

Her husband works a union job on the North Slope for BP and is a champion snowmobile racer. Todd Palin's kind of job is highly sought-after because of the schedule and high pay. He arranges his work schedule so he can fish for salmon in Bristol Bay for a month or so in summer, but by no stretch of the imagination is fishing their major source of income.

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/130537

Interesting point - Jesus was also a Fisherman.

I know McCain is trying to solidify his base, but hadn't thought about just how calculating he had been with this Veep selection 'til you pointed out the connection. :thumbsup:

Dems - do NOT underestimate Capt. McCain - it will be your undoing.

Jesus was a carpenter. Many of the apostles, though, were fishermen.

Her husband works a union job on the North Slope for BP and is a champion snowmobile racer. Todd Palin's kind of job is highly sought-after because of the schedule and high pay. He arranges his work schedule so he can fish for salmon in Bristol Bay for a month or so in summer, but by no stretch of the imagination is fishing their major source of income.

Great points. I hope you achieved your goal of making Yellow hate the dude.

OMFG, it's PASTA JOE BIDEN!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey Pasta, if you are going you blatantly plagiarize something without attribution, at least try to change a word or two...

Link

I'm sure his union is so excited about it being recognized with him.

Posted elsewhere, but relevant in this thread, as well.

Stop using the USW as a prop

Ms. Palin needs to stop trotting out her husband as an exhibit until she explains her positions on workers’ issues. Just exactly where does she stand on the Employee Free Choice Act?

<snip>

Inquiring minds want to know, Ms. Palin. Where do you stand on Employee Free Choice? Where do you stand on privatization of social security? Where do you stand on job-killing free trade?

Are you with McCain – and against workers – on these issues? If so, you need to stop using your husband’s membership in the USW as a prop, because then his union card cannot possibly cover up your or John McCain’s worker-savaging positions.