McCain losing the room

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...don't remember anarchists at Obama's speech at Mile High last week.

Reminds me of an old P.J. O'Rourke line about why you never see Republican protesters...because they have jobs.

Getting back to the speech; speaking from a teleprompter is not McCain's forte. He's best when he shoots from the hip, and I think the forum is not favorable to McCain's natural style.

Face it, he's horrible. :lol: And almost as embarrassing to watch as GW. He's a war hero. That's what he is.

Horrible speechmaker? Sure. Horrible President? Can't really tell from tonight. I'll still take him over a guy with virtually no experience in anything other than reading off a teleprompter.

Horrible speechmaker? Sure. Horrible President? Can't really tell from tonight. I'll still take him over a guy with virtually no experience in anything other than reading off a teleprompter.

Give me the long list of great American Presidents who lacked an ability to inspire the nation, had charisma, and created a feeling of belief by just watching them and/or listening to them that we are the best the world has to offer.

That, of course, doesn't mean just because you have those qualities you deserve to be President, but IMO you need them to be a great President, and he don't got 'em. I'm not talking about Obama here, only McCain.

Of course, I don't like his policies or personality or truthfulness but that's another thread.

Give me the long list of great American Presidents who lacked an ability to inspire the nation, had charisma, and created a feeling of belief by just watching them and listening to them that we are the best the world has to offer.

That, of course, doesn't mean just because you have those qualities you deserve to be President, but IMO you need them to be a great President, and he don't got 'em. I'm not talking about Obama here, only McCain.

Of course, I don't like his policies or personality or truthfulness but that's another thread.

I don't know. I think McCain has inspired at least half the hall.

I think he's actually improving as he finishes. Again, McCain is best when he speaks his mind, without a teleprompter.

He started off pretty weak, but he is rallying.

I agree - he got stronger and stronger as he went on. By the end of it, I thought it was perhaps the best acceptance speech I had ever heard.

Totally surprised me. I've always thought of him as a stiff.

I agree - he got stronger and stronger as he went on. By the end of it, I thought it was perhaps the best acceptance speech I had ever heard.

Totally surprised me. I've always thought of him as a stiff.

Seriously? That place was dead. He could have read the dictionary loud in the last few lines and they would have cheered.