Give Ellison a chance guys.......

marauderswr80

Im telling you all with Mitchell & Poz out there, I think Ellison will do just fine. I guess I dont get worked up like you guys. But, I have enough faith in Ellison to still be excited for the season. I remember Ellison playing fairly decent with weaker LBers on the field with him.......

Id be more worried if it was the DL that was hurt. That middle of our DL is what will make or break our linebackers.

Im telling you all with Mitchell & Poz out there, I think Ellison will do just fine. I guess I dont get worked up like you guys. But, I have enough faith in Ellison to still be excited for the season. I remember Ellison playing fairly decent with weaker LBers on the field with him.......

Id be more worried if it was the DL that was hurt. That middle of our DL is what will make or break our linebackers.

I like ellison alot actaully but i think we are going to see digeorgio more than ellison this year. He played outside for a little until Poz got hurt last year

Seriously? DiGiorgio is terrible! Why does this board love him so much? Teams ran all over him last year.

Probably because we didnt have Stroud absorbing blockers....I will say that Zack Thomas was NOT the same player without Darryl Gardner and Tim Bowens!

Wasn't Connor there in the third when the Bills drafted this year?

Connor's arms are an inch long and he sucks in coverage. Not the right fit for us. Ideally we'd still have a 3-4 and he and Pox could both play ILB but Connor's not an NFL OLB

He's also a Drew Rosenhaus client. Anyone up for some more of that?

Wasn't Connor there in the third when the Bills drafted this year?

Yes he was and I was dying for the Bills to take him.......Connor, Poz, and Mitchell would have solidified this LB corps for years to come. They could have afforded to the AC go (I think they were planning on doing this anyway after the season) and been solid for many years.

I got nothing against Ellis, but I wanted Connor to be a Bill bad. Oh well........

LETS GO BILLS!!!!

Probably because we didnt have Stroud absorbing blockers....I will say that Zack Thomas was NOT the same player without Darryl Gardner and Tim Bowens!

He han't proven that he requires double teaming. We'll see on Sunday. I'll keep a close eye on #99.

In preseason he's been closer to a bust than a savior.

As much as St. Joe's sucks and I hate your screen name, you are correct.

He's great in coverage. On running plays, you notice his deficiencies. Ellison needs to join the Bozworth steroid clinic or summin n bulk up.

He's great in coverage. On running plays, you notice his deficiencies.

I'm not even sure he's great in coverage. The example I can't help but remember was during the Dallas MNF game last season when Jason Witten broke his ankles for a TD. He's smaller than pretty much all TE's and some RB's. The whole point of acquiring the bodies Buffalo did in FA was to get some size to the front 7.

We'd all love to see Ellison be the SLB for years to come. The reality is, his frame is small, and he weighs less than many RB's in the league. He's a backup and special teamer that plays hard. Physically, to borrow a phrase from the draft experts, he doesn't match up well in the phone booth.

As much as St. Joe's sucks and I hate your screen name, you are correct.

Actually.......I have no idea who St. Joe's is, I would assume a college or highschool and thats their nickname........

My name is from my flag football team, we are called the Marauders and I play WR and my # is 80.......

Hope that changes things.

First of all, Dan Connor is not a NFL caliber OUTSIDE LBer so all the Penn St homers need to stop it right now with the shoulda coulda crap. As for Ellison, we should be OK with him for this season . He has put on a little more size each season so far and should hold up just fine. Sure, I'd love Demarcus Ware manning that spot for us but Ellison sure beats an old Eddie Robinson or Donnie Spragan manning that spot.

First of all, Dan Connor is not a NFL caliber OUTSIDE LBer so all the Penn St homers need to stop it right now with the shoulda coulda crap. As for Ellison, we should be OK with him for this season . He has put on a little more size each season so far and should hold up just fine. Sure, I'd love Demarcus Ware manning that spot for us but Ellison sure beats an old Eddie Robinson or Donnie Spragan manning that spot.

That is funny you bring up Eddie Robinson. He could have been the worst free agent pickup we have ever signed right up there with Joe Panos and Larry Tripplet. Ellison will be solid for us with the occasional bigt play in pass defense. The problem with his lack of size is that he tends to wear down. I can't see him lasting more than 4 or 5 games in a row without suffering some sort of injury that sidelines him for a bit. We will definitely need to add someone shortly to the linebacking corp.

That is funny you bring up Eddie Robinson. He could have been the worst free agent pickup we have ever signed

Remember when Pennington bootlegged and Eddie Robinson pretty much broke his own ankle trying to tackle him on a 1 on 1 play?