Palin

Justice

Nothing on the economy tonight during the RNC. Nothing on immigration or health care, either. This is the same group that tell us they are the "experienced ticket". Well if they are, they should know better than to just run a smeer campaign rather than speaking about the issues and laying out an actual plan to help fix our nation.

Sarah Palin ran a town of 9000 as mayor but couldn't even run the economy in that little town, much less the whole country. She left that little town in degt! No wonder she doesn't want to discuss the serious issues, such as the economy.

I also caught a more negative vibe out of the RNC tonight than what I saw at the DNC. Sarah Palin was overly sarcastic in her speech tonight.

Overall, I felt that Gov Palin gave a great show at the convention. But that's all it really was, a show.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to stand there, straight faced, and tell me Obama's entire candidacy isn't one giant show? :angry:

At least Hillary has somewhat of a record of accomplishment. If you are going to call one thing a show, you have to call the other, far bigger show, a show as well.

Besides, this is a Presidential race. Is there a bigger show in the world?

It's unfortunate that it has come to this, but please, unless this is unintentional, can you spare us the galactic hypocrisy for one day?

You're going to stand there, straight faced, and tell me Obama's entire candidacy isn't one giant show? :thumbsup:

YES. By all life situations and upbringing, I should be siding with your argument... But, I am not. Because it is dead wrong. The are more people deserving than myself and my family, and that is who, IMO, Obama supports more and why I support him and his agenda.

You're going to stand there, straight faced, and tell me Obama's entire candidacy isn't one giant show? :thumbsup:

At least Hillary has somewhat of a record of accomplishment. If you are going to call one thing a show, you have to call the other, far bigger show, a show as well.

Besides, this is a Presidential race. Is there a bigger show in the world?

It's unfortunate that it has come to this, but please, unless this is unintentional, can you spare us the galactic hypocrisy for one day?

I truly believe that Obama's candidacy is NOT a show. There is some substance to Obama's style. Sarah Palin's selection as a possible Veep wreaks of an attention getter, a headline grabber. More of that "shock and awe" crap that right wing conservatives love so much. McCain spoke to that woman for all of five minutes by phone and that's supposed to be enough for McCain to make his choice??? Come on, dont give me that crap. I ain't buying it. It was all for show.

Obama is truly inspiring and motivating. Just look at his speech he gave in a football stadium. 85,000 people packed the house to hear the man speak. If there's any showmanship involved with Obama it's only because he demands that kind of attention with his presence alone. Hell, even 250,000 people in Germany went to see that man speak.

I truly believe that Obama's candidacy is NOT a show. There is some substance to Obama's style. Sarah Palin's selection as a possible Veep wreaks of an attention getter, a headline grabber. More of that "shock and awe" crap that right wing conservatives love so much. McCain spoke to that woman for all of five minutes by phone and that's supposed to be enough for McCain to make his choice??? Come on, dont give me that crap. I ain't buying it. It was all for show.

Obama is truly inspiring and motivating. Just look at his speech he gave in a football stadium. 85,000 people packed the house to hear the man speak. If there's any showmanship involved with Obama it's only because he demands that kind of attention with his presence alone. Hell, even 250,000 people in Germany went to see that man speak.

Exactly.

Seems to me the Republicans are way more self-absorbed. I can give a freaking hoot what anybody throws at my family or me... I know I am positive and capable of leading them, protecting them and prospering... No matter what is thrown at them. I have always believed my energies should be thrown elsewhere and my first concerns elsewhere... Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that I am hindered. The parties are the same, except I see more of this self-absorbed attitude with the Republicans.

I truly believe that Obama's candidacy is NOT a show. There is some substance to Obama's style.
What? It was the biggest show thus far with his Mount Olympus set up at Mile High. Hell he even moved his show to Mile High Stadium from the Pepsi Center like the Rolling Stones would have. Obama has not accomplished one frieking thing while a Senator. He's nothing but a smooth talking Harvard lawyer. If you want a Democratic puppet of a president to stamp everything that comes accross his desk from a Nancy Pelosi run congress then this country is :thumbsup:

At least with McCain we'll have a check and balance between the executive and legislative branches.

What? It was the biggest show thus far with his Mount Olympus set up at Mile High. Hell he even moved his show to Mile High Stadium from the Pepsi Center like the Rolling Stones would have. Obama has not accomplished one frieking thing while a Senator. He's nothing but a smooth talking Harvard lawyer. If you want a Democratic puppet of a president to stamp everything that comes accross his desk from a Nancy Pelosi run congress then this country is :thumbsup:

At least with McCain we'll have a check and balance between the executive and legislative branches.

Yeah, let the republicans continue to run s**t. They're doing such a wonderful job. :w00t:

Just because he moved his speech to a larger venue doesn't mean anything. People wanted to see him. He greatly obliged. Let's see McCain sell out Mile High.

BTW. As Senator, Barack Obama helped make gift receiving from lobbyists illegal. That's one freaking thing for you. You did ask for just one. :w00t:

BTW. As Senator, Barack Obama helped make gift receiving from lobbyists illegal. That's one freaking thing for you. You did ask for just one.
Oh really? Which one was that? Was it one he actually showed up and voted for?

I could only find this gem that has actually made it into law of the 152 he has sponsored.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d1.../temp/~bd2Ngn::

Not sure how this helps me or you unless you are in the Congo, but last time I checked the Congo wasn't a part of the USA.

Keep believing the hype.

i heard Palin's speech this morning and was really surprised by her sarcastic, agressive tone. I know that to counter attack is the best way to defend but when its your own values and personnality that has been under siege like it has been the case those last few days, i don't think it's a good solution to use sarcasm, irony and agressivity. IMO she looked like the perfect "will do and say anything to win" phony politician.

heard Palin's speech this morning and was really surprised by her sarcastic, agressive tone. I know that to counter attack is the best way to defend but when its your own values and personnality that has been under siege like it has been the case those last few days, i don't think it's a good solution to use sarcasm, irony and agressivity. IMO she looked like the perfect "will do and say anything to win" phony politician.
I liked her speech actually. I knew probably as much as you about her before she was picked. I lived in Alaska way back from 89-91 but never heard of her. In politics its punch and counter-punch. I think she did a good job of counter-punching Obama. What you all fail to realize is she has energized a lethargic conservative base to McCain. Not saying McCain will win but it's gonna be a fun ride til November 4th.

Exactly.

Seems to me the Republicans are way more self-absorbed. I can give a freaking hoot what anybody throws at my family or me... I know I am positive and capable of leading them, protecting them and prospering... No matter what is thrown at them. I have always believed my energies should be thrown elsewhere and my first concerns elsewhere... Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that I am hindered. The parties are the same, except I see more of this self-absorbed attitude with the Republicans.

Uh huh...So since you've "always believed" you should do this, why not enlighten us and tell the board about all your volunteer work you do for 'others'. You love to slam Christian values, a large part of which include helping those who can't help themselves. Since you feel so strongly about this let us know about your tireless efforts to help others, douchebag (your characterization of yourself-not mine).

I liked her speech actually. I knew probably as much as you about her before she was picked. I lived in Alaska way back from 89-91 but never heard of her. In politics its punch and counter-punch. I think she did a good job of counter-punching Obama. What you all fail to realize is she has energized a lethargic conservative base to McCain. Not saying McCain will win but it's gonna be a fun ride til November 4th.

I agree her speech was good, distorted on some fronts, but that is politics, the other side has done it too... the line about Wasilla comparing it to Scranton at town of 72,400 + a small city is goofy. But I understand why it was done. It was an attack speech, but what policy does she stand for.

I would like to hear more about substance, what would she do for special needs children? I have one, so tell me. Not just that you support them, noice, I can support them too, that and a quarter won't get me a cup of coffee or help me with all his needs.

Yeah, let the republicans continue to run s**t. They're doing such a wonderful job. :thumbsup:

Just because he moved his speech to a larger venue doesn't mean anything. People wanted to see him. He greatly obliged. Let's see McCain sell out Mile High.

BTW. As Senator, Barack Obama helped make gift receiving from lobbyists illegal. That's one freaking thing for you. You did ask for just one. :w00t:

Republicans running stuff? You do realize that BOTH houses of Congress are 'run' by Democrats, right? Why let that get in the way of your ignorant rant? How about sharing with us the long list of accomplishments that the Democrats have mede while they've controlled both houses over the past two years. Better yet, how about sharing with us one of the campaign promises they ran on... :w00t:

Palin gave a decent speech. However, it reminded me of a bad commencement speech. Shrill barely describes it. She described her experience (glad she got to sell a jet on eBay - what a smart move that is. Also, glad she got rid of her personal chef :thumbsup: ), she bashed community organizers (nice), and the only substance that she handed out is the fact that she intends to be a attack dog (with lipstick). Nothing about the economy, nothing about health care. She, like the scumbag Lieberman lied about Obama's record in Congress stating that he has done nothing, has had no part in legislation being passed.

Goes to show that the republican base believes the only way to win election is by being overly negative and providing no light in what they will actually do.

Republicans running stuff? You do realize that BOTH houses of Congress are 'run' by Democrats, right? Why let that get in the way of your ignorant rant? How about sharing with us the long list of accomplishments that the Democrats have mede while they've controlled both houses over the past two years. Better yet, how about sharing with us one of the campaign promises they ran on... :w00t:

Before you bash democrats, name something that republicans did when they ran everything? Oh that's right, got the country into a huge deficit. whooohoooo!!! :thumbsup:

She, like the scumbag Lieberman lied about Obama's record in Congress stating that he has done nothing, has had no part in legislation being passed.
Name me the one bill he sponsored that became law...and it's effect on the American people...Seriously.

Name me the one bill he sponsored that became law...and it's effect on the American people...Seriously.

Oh please, go look them up yourself. They have already been listed on other posts. Yes, the Dems have been in control of both houses this past year because the GOP screwed it up and pushed a lot of pork threw for small towns including Wasilla's $12 million. So that is where the funding from the bridge to nowhere went. It didn't get rescinded.

Pelosi does come across as shrill, but she has been a pretty good leader behind the scenes. Additionally, the GOP has done a great political hack job on her, but from a P.R. standpoint, on the stump she has given them lots of ammunition.

Oh please, go look them up yourself. They have already been listed on other posts. Yes, the Dems have been in control of both houses this past year because the GOP screwed it up and pushed a lot of pork threw for small towns including Wasilla's $12 million. So that is where the funding from the bridge to nowhere went. It didn't get rescinded.

Pelosi does come across as shrill, but she has been a pretty good leader behind the scenes. Additionally, the GOP has done a great political hack job on her, but from a P.R. standpoint, on the stump she has given them lots of ammunition.

Since you were too lazy to read the whole thread...I'll repost it:

I could only find this gem that has actually made it into law of the 152 he has sponsored.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d1.../temp/~bd2Ngn::

Not sure how this helps me or you unless you are in the Congo, but last time I checked the Congo wasn't a part of the USA.

Keep believing the hype.