WGR

i dont understand why people continue to listen to WGR if they hate it so much
Agree 100%. If you don't like Schopp, Simon, Coach, whoever... just turn off the radio, people! It isn't that hard. You DO have that choice, you know.

Maybe the knobs are broken on their radio.

Agree 100%. If you don't like Schopp, Simon, Coach, whoever... just turn off the radio, people! It isn't that hard. You DO have that choice, you know.

Side note - am I the only one who feels like Dennis Williams is completely lost without a teleprompter? His show has to be the most boring, useless three hours in the history of radio.

The guy just doesn't provide ANYTHING the bum who picks empty pop cans out of my trash couldn't provide.

I was hoping someone would bring up Dennis Williams. That show is boring, dry, and very hard to listen to. I've listened to about 10 hours of him on various days and he is just AWFUL.

Best part of the station hands down- Greg Bauch.

Agreed. I'll listen to that show even when it's really bad just to hear Greg's quips. The guy has a great sense of comic timing and usually has something pretty funny to say.

"Guys....we're on the air...." :thumbsup:

At least when the coach was on you knew what to expect of him. Mike Schopp forced me to get sirius and it is great.

I have had sirius for a year and last week had to get a rental car and listened to WGR for the first time in that year. Needless, to say I quickly heard that foolish Jeremy White and that Let's Go Bill's thing. After 30 min of the am show and 30 of the Bulldog (tolerable mostly) and that !@#$ Mike Schopp I went and retrieved my sirius from the dealership. It is a shame really as we should want to listen to local radio if for no other reason that to support local business. WGR is just terrible.

Since WGR doesn't have the competition of another sports radio network in town they can do what they want. Considering that, it's not bad. When news happens, such as Peters, they are usually on top of it and give it plenty of coverage.

Larry Felser? When was the last time he has written anything relevant?

"I remember going to the Parkside Candy Store to do a crossword puzzle with Mike Montier after a Sunday afternoon contest at the monolithic rockpile," and other such anecdotes are what we are subjected to. It's nice the News keeps him around, but jeez.

Agreed. I'll listen to that show even when it's really bad just to hear Greg's quips. The guy has a great sense of comic timing and usually has something pretty funny to say.

"Guys....we're on the air...." :rolleyes:

The guy is one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life. As funny as he is on air, the dude is twice as good in real life.