Rushing Stats

Crows57

If anyone likes really detailed statistical analysis you should head over to Football Outsiders. There's a lot of great stuff there. It takes a little while to get used to it but it's highly informative.

Looking at the Bills rushing Stats by direction:

left - 2.88 yards/carry, 21% of attempts

middle - 3.40 y/c, 61%

right - 4.47 y/c, 17%

The 4.47 y/c going right actually leads the league.

I knew he was really bad, according to the experts here, but I didn't realize Mike Williams was playing that poorly. :blush:

Their "Team Efficiency Ratings" are interesting....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff.php

But they are wrong, because they have us at 12th. Aren't we supposed to be the 31st best team in the league? ;)

If anyone likes really detailed statistical analysis you should head over to Football Outsiders.  There's a lot of great stuff there.  It takes a little while to get used to it but it's highly informative.

Looking at the Bills rushing Stats by direction:

left - 2.88 yards/carry, 21% of attempts

middle - 3.40 y/c, 61%

right - 4.47 y/c, 17%

The 4.47 y/c going right actually leads the league.

79087[/snapback]

I have noticed that we have Travis run to the left a lot. I always wondered about that given that teams and RBs are more often "right handed" when it comes to running the ball.

I knew he was really bad, according to the experts here, but I didn't realize Mike Williams was playing that poorly.  :D

Their "Team Efficiency Ratings" are interesting....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff.php

But they are wrong, because they have us at 12th.  Aren't we supposed to be the 31st best team in the league? :huh:

79103[/snapback]

I'm not so sure many would understand your sarcasm here :unsure:

B)

I have been on that website and it has great information. They have a more rigorous analysis of team & player statistics that takes into account all the different factors that impact performance. They had a positive little blurb on the Bills this week as well:

"Then there is the fourth team in the division, the Buffalo Bills. They’re horrible, right? The general consensus is that they only have a win because when two winless teams play each other, someone has to come out the victor. But this consensus may not be accurate. This week, with Kansas City’s loss to Jacksonville, Buffalo takes over the title of the highest-ranked losing team according to DVOA. (For those curious, DVOA says that the Chiefs deserved to lose that game even without taking into account Lawrence Tynes’ sudden transformation into the Chris Dudley of kicking.)

The idea of Buffalo as an above-average team sounds ludicrous, but three of Buffalo’s four losses have come by three points or less. What’s interesting is that they are doing this with balance. Last year DVOA had the Bills ranked #7 in defense, but #29 in offense. This season, the defense doesn’t seem to be playing quite as well, ranked #13 (-3.3%), but the offense has improved from terrible to average, ranked #17 (-2.0%). Even more curious is the way the Buffalo offense has gradually improved from game to game this season.

The Bills aren’t going to the playoffs out of a division with two teams that started 5-0. But if they beat Baltimore this week, we’ll know they are for real. Not great, but good – good enough to play an interesting role as spoiler during a four-game stretch starting Week 9 where they get the Jets, Patriots, Rams, and Seahawks and could help decide two division races."