Harsh media criticism of Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin did it last night. If last Friday was a home run, last night was a grand slam. Plain and simple.

37+ million people watched last night...only about 1.5 million less than watched Obama last Thursday.

This woman will be President someday...she's already the favorite for 2012. I see something happening here. It's called unifying your party. The McCain doubters within the GOP, for the most part, seem to be on board now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Palin did it last night. If last Friday was a home run, last night was a grand slam. Plain and simple.

37+ million people watched last night...only about 1.5 million less than watched Obama last Thursday.

This woman will be President someday...she's already the favorite for 2012. I see something happening here. It's called unifying your party. The McCain doubters within the GOP, for the most part, seem to be on board now.

She reminds me of Ollie North. Fired up the faithful but blew it before the larger population

Ever see this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117320/

Very good political documentary. North's boys were so sure the Marine Col. would win Virginia they let a documentray crew film the inside life of the campaign.

IF hypocrisy was an Olympic sport, the Repigs would hold many, many world records.

The funny thing, as my Libertarian husband has stated more than once as he enjoys the trainwreck, is that these moron Repigs just don't seem to understand that with the Internet, you just can't get away with much any more. Anything you say, do or write is just a few clicks away.

Maybe you should join your husband and vote Libertarian, like I am

You can add the United Steel Worker's Union to the list of who isn't that enamoured with Palin. She likes to float out there that her husband is a USW union member. The International President of USW wants her to stop.

So if you don't vote a certain way you aren't allow to mention the fact that your spouse belongs to a union? :thumbsup:

Gee, can't wait for the next discussion on union voting and how there's no influence from the union bosses.

btw....has the board paused in it's hysteria to mention that even Biden agrees that the treatment of Palin has been sexist and inappropriate?

So if you don't vote a certain way you aren't allow to mention the fact that your spouse belongs to a union? :thumbsup:

Gee, can't wait for the next discussion on union voting and how there's no influence from the union bosses.

btw....has the board paused in it's hysteria to mention that even Biden agrees that the treatment of Palin has been sexist and inappropriate?

See, this is why I don't like unions. Everybody must be in lockstep with the bosses! Do not disobey them! Unions have served an important purpose in our society...but I think their time has passed.

BTW, not to change the subject, but I saw a bumper sticker on a van today that said "Dissent is the highest form of patriotism". This same van had an Obama '08 sticker above it.

We'll see about dissenting against Obama if he's elected.

I guess we don't have to worry about Biden making Palin cry in the debates

Television ratings = winning elections? She may have energized conservatives, but at the same time a good portion of the audience was probably like myself who never heard her before and wanted to see what she would say, and after watching came away thinking she is worse than expected on policy and condesending attitude. I love this pick, it confirms for moderates just how far to the right McCain and Republicans have gone off the tracks from the mainstream. I would have been concerned for Obama's chances if it was Ridge or Lieberman (which it could be by the time the public vetting is over).

I bet she could make Obama cry.

Yeah, he's crying with joy...

'Obama's coffers have been filling since Sarah Palin attacked him repeatedly in St. Paul last night.

An Obama aide confirms Drudge's report that Obama has raised about $8 million from more than 130,000 donors and is on pace to raise $10 million by the time McCain reaches the stage tonight.

UPDATE: Obama spokesman Bill Burton says, "Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected. And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grassroots organization even stronger."'

Yeah, he's crying with joy...

'Obama's coffers have been filling since Sarah Palin attacked him repeatedly in St. Paul last night.

An Obama aide confirms Drudge's report that Obama has raised about $8 million from more than 130,000 donors and is on pace to raise $10 million by the time McCain reaches the stage tonight.

UPDATE: Obama spokesman Bill Burton says, "Sarah Palin's attacks have rallied our supporters in ways we never expected. And we fully expect John McCain's attacks tonight to help us make our grassroots organization even stronger."'

I was so pissed off with the politics of fear and lies last night that I actually donated to Barack's campaign today. First time I have ever really been motivated enough to give money to any campaign.