Harsh media criticism of Sarah Palin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF hypocrisy was an Olympic sport, the Repigs would hold many, many world records.

The funny thing, as my Libertarian husband has stated more than once as he enjoys the trainwreck, is that these moron Repigs just don't seem to understand that with the Internet, you just can't get away with much any more. Anything you say, do or write is just a few clicks away.

IF hypocrisy was an Olympic sport, the Repigs would hold many, many world records.

Democrats would win a few gold medals themselves :angry:

The funny thing, as my Libertarian husband has stated more than once as he enjoys the trainwreck, is that these moron Repigs just don't seem to understand that with the Internet, you just can't get away with much any more. Anything you say, do or write is just a few clicks away.

Or maybe like most husbands, he just nods his head and agrees while wishing the wife would just STFU

That's a mistake. She could state her case without going there.

Hard to say. I bet that part of her speech may well get one of the biggest standing ovations of the night. We'll see.

Ultimately I think you're right. The people already in love with the pick and sure McCain voters love this media bashing over media bashing. I'm not sure the independents and the fence sitters and the Dems who are a little leery of Obama (the voters they actually need to win) are going to appreciate or fall for that. Right now, I think they are concerned with getting the base and evangelicals completely re-energized, and this will surely help with them.

I love how Palin is getting a pass on her pregnant daughter by the religious right who preach abstinence training as well as Palin herself. They are swooning over how she practices what she preaches. :angry: Because her daughter is getting married and having the child. Can you imagine the downfall if Obama had a teenage daughter that got pregnant and was marrying the guy!! There wouldn't be any forgiveness there!

Wonder if the kid would've proposed marriage if he couldn't live in the VP's house and possibly the Whitehouse someday and if the shotgun wasn't loaded.

Hard to say. I bet that part of her speech may well get one of the biggest standing ovations of the night. We'll see.

Ultimately I think you're right. The people already in love with the pick and sure McCain voters love this media bashing over media bashing. I'm not sure the independents and the fence sitters and the Dems who are a little leery of Obama (the voters they actually need to win) are going to appreciate or fall for that. Right now, I think they are concerned with getting the base and evangelicals completely re-energized, and this will surely help with them.

I agree. McCain wins if he gets the moderates. If not, it won't matter how much turnout he gets among the base.

Still, I think all this Palin crap dies down and the election gets decided after the debates. If Obama performs well and/or McCain stumbles/looks old, Obama wins. If Obama shows that he really can't think on his feet, the moderates will get nervous.

Funny. I was under the impression that Palin hasn't even spoken to the media since her introductory speech. But go ahead and whine about her whining.

(Perhaps you are confusing her with Obama, who kept telling everybody that people were going to attack him because he looks different?)

I agree. McCain wins if he gets the moderates. If not, it won't matter how much turnout he gets among the base.

Still, I think all this Palin crap dies down and the election gets decided after the debates. If Obama performs well and/or McCain stumbles/looks old, Obama wins. If Obama shows that he really can't think on his feet, the moderates will get nervous.

Speaking of which, I just saw a sign held by a convention goer that said RAISIN MCCAIN. I agree is kinda shriveled. Not sure I would want that on the floor reinforcing how old he is.

Funny. I was under the impression that Palin hasn't even spoken to the media since her introductory speech. But go ahead and whine about her whining.

(Perhaps you are confusing her with Obama, who kept telling everybody that people were going to attack him because he looks different?)

Excerpts from her speech have already been released by the GOP. She is probably going to make it one of her themes. Being redundant here, but I just remembered you can't read, not even previous posts. :angry:

One of the things she's saying tonight, which the McCain people gave to the press already, so it is news. Plus, I doubt she was implying in those clips that only Hilary should stop whining, but everyone else on her defense should be whining. She was saying, rightly or wrongly (and I think rightly) that just act strong and put them in their place and you will get farther. (Then, of course, tonight she starts whining)

"I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment. And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone. But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country."

Excerpts from her speech have already been released by the GOP. She is probably going to make it one of her themes. Being redundant here, but I just remembered you can't read, not even previous posts. :angry:

I read it, I counted 12,000 mooseburger references, 9,000 hockey mom references, and 75,000 Jesus references.

This is the quote that shows 'whining'? Really?

Yeah. Name one quote or question by anyone that says or implies in any way whatsoever that the reason she isn't qualified is that she is not part of the Washington elite? You don't recognize the code word? Or that somehow she needs to meet the media's approval and she would get better treatment? Who is asking her to seek approval of the media? It doesn't even make any sense. All it is is feeding the idea that the media has been ruthless, sexist or unfair. That's just whining.

Yeah. Name one quote or question by anyone that says or implies in any way whatsoever that the reason she isn't qualified is that she is not part of the Washington elite? You don't recognize the code word? Or that somehow she needs to meet the media's approval and she would get better treatment? Who is asking her to seek approval of the media? It doesn't even make any sense. All it is is feeding the idea that the media has been ruthless, sexist or unfair. That's just whining.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I mean, honestly... if you've got to go to 'code words', then I'm completely missing it. Reading it at face value, I don't see it as whining, I see it as strong and defiant. There's no quote there asking people to stop being mean, or stop writing stories, or any other hallmark of 'whining'. In fact, to me, it sounds like she's telling the media to 'stick it'. That's not whining.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I mean, honestly... if you've got to go to 'code words', then I'm completely missing it. Reading it at face value, I don't see it as whining, I see it as strong and defiant. There's no quote there asking people to stop being mean, or stop writing stories, or any other hallmark of 'whining'. In fact, to me, it sounds like she's telling the media to 'stick it'. That's not whining.

Isn't she a trained journalist?