What I am looking for most this week.

Zona

I want to see if this teams offense is being run by Jauron or Schonert. If Dickie has his way with the offense, then I expect another 7-8 win season. If he lets Schonert run the Offense the way he wants, then I see us winning 10-11 games.

We have the talent to win more games than last year, but only if we utilize it in a manner the league doesn't expect. We CANNOT be the same predictable team we have been for the last 3 years and expect different results. IMO-we must use more mis-direction, play action, crossing routes, RB's in the passing game, TE's crossing the middle. And I LOVE 3 or 4 wr sets with no FB. Spread the defense out and run or pass at will. Lynch will put up fabulous numbers if we can do that.

We should be able to tell to some extent this week. My enthusiasm for this years version of the Bills is tempered until I find out who is running the Show on O.

I want to see if this teams offense is being run by Jauron or Schonert. If Dickie has his way with the offense, then I expect another 7-8 win season. If he lets Schonert run the Offense the way he wants, then I see us winning 10-11 games.

We have the talent to win more games than last year, but only if we utilize it in a manner the league doesn't expect. We CANNOT be the same predictable team we have been for the last 3 years and expect different results. IMO-we must use more mis-direction, play action, crossing routes, RB's in the passing game, TE's crossing the middle. And I LOVE 3 or 4 wr sets with no FB. Spread the defense out and run or pass at will. Lynch will put up fabulous numbers if we can do that.

We should be able to tell to some extent this week. My enthusiasm for this years version of the Bills is tempered until I find out who is running the Show on O.

Why is everyone convinced Jauron has a style of offense that he likes? I promise you, Jauron WILL have "his way" with the offense (seeing as he IS the head coach and all :angry:), and it'll be the same approach he's taken the rest of his career: whatever approach his coordinator thinks is best. If the offense is any different this year, it won't be because Jauron suddenly changed his philosophy, it'll be the difference between Steve Fairchild and Turk Schonert.

Because when Fairchild came here, he was highly touted as "innovative" and "creative" and a "mike Martz disciple who will drastically change the passing game". And what did we get? Run, run, pass, punt about 75 percent of the time. I think he directly puts his "touch" on the offense by dictating game plans, as well as what type of plays he wants to run for a given week.

I could be totally wrong, and you could be totally right. Bottom line is, it doesn't really matter to me, I just hope our Offense is more exciting, less predictable, and can create some big plays CONSISTENTLY this year.

Why is everyone convinced Jauron has a style of offense that he likes? I promise you, Jauron WILL have "his way" with the offense (seeing as he IS the head coach and all :angry:), and it'll be the same approach he's taken the rest of his career: whatever approach his coordinator thinks is best. If the offense is any different this year, it won't be because Jauron suddenly changed his philosophy, it'll be the difference between Steve Fairchild and Turk Schonert.

DJ is known around the league as a delagator, not a dictator. Fairchild sucked but that was his own doing, i still believe DJ should have stepped in and said enough was enough but whats done is done i hope truk is better than FC, he cant be worse...

Because when Fairchild came here, he was highly touted as "innovative" and "creative" and a "mike Martz disciple who will drastically change the passing game". And what did we get? Run, run, pass, punt about 75 percent of the time. I think he directly puts his "touch" on the offense by dictating game plans, as well as what type of plays he wants to run for a given week.

That was what I thought as well, with him having coached under Martz. IMO we can safely say we were wrong about him.

I could be totally wrong, and you could be totally right. Bottom line is, it doesn't really matter to me, I just hope our Offense is more exciting, less predictable, and can create some big plays CONSISTENTLY this year.

Amen. :angry:

i have read that he is a delegator as well. However he definetly impacts the offense and game plans. and it is obvious that he is conservative. Every one of his offenses have been in the bottom half of the league. the only exception was when he had Gary Crowton in Chicago as his offensive cordinator, the same guy who is the creative offensive coach for LSU. For some reason Dicky replaced before the start of the next season.