2008 Team Captains

Dan III

It'd be funny if they actually made Losman hand over his patch to Edwards.

Also, why Kelsay over Schobel? Dude's been here a loooong time.

Schobel's not a rah-rah guy. Ever see him after a sack? He takes a beating from his teammates but doesn't get all that fired up.

It'd be funny if they actually made Losman hand over his patch to Edwards.

Also, why Kelsay over Schobel? Dude's been here a loooong time.

Kelsay was a captain last year, as were Evans and Moorman. The others:

Losman => Edwards

Crowell => Whitner (and isn't that interesting.)

Wire => Wilson (special teams)

Bye Bye Angelo

Are you guys saying that Whitner isn't more of a defensive captain than Crowell? Because that's what you're saying by eluding to the fact that they took it away from him because they are not going to re-sign him. Whitner is THE leader of the defense. Crowell is not anymore. Last year he was. This year we have Whitner, Kelsay, Schobel, Stroud, Mitchell, McGee... all before it'd be Crowell. Stop reading into things, geesh.

“It’s a special honor,” said head coach Dick Jauron. “I’ve always loved that hockey ‘C’ on the sweater. It’s got to be a special deal in our league to have that ‘C’ sitting on their shoulder. I congratulated them all on their election. It’s a special deal when your teammates elect you.”

Great quote.

Whitner was a reach for team captain.

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that in the days leading up to the team vote, there were several offers to various players to give up their votes for Whitner in return for an extra helping at the dinner buffet.

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that in the days leading up to the team vote, there were several offers to various players to give up their votes for Whitner in return for an extra helping at the dinner buffet.

It true. I heard it as well. We could have had not named whitner, and thus 10 captains instead of just 6, including a center and a guard.

Whitner was a reach for team captain.

Why? He went out on a limb to say the Bills will make the playoffs and has been helping all the rookies get acclimated to the NFL. He was arguably our most consistent defensive player last year and has become a star in the league. I predicted it would be Whitner before i heard this. No surprise to me at all