What are the best sports bars in Buffalo?

PromoTheRobot

As much as I'm tempted to make the drive to Pittsburgh, where would you recommend I watch that game in Buffalo? Requirements include multiple large screen HD TV's, good food, decent draught selection (not just Bud and Miller), and a raucous crowd.

PTR

Looks promising. May do that.

Need more info. Where exactly is Danny's? I can't find it online.

PTR

Corner of Tim Russert Highway (Big Tree) and Jim Kelly Boulevard (Abbott), walking distance from the Ralph. Little far if you're staying downtown; that's why I asked ...

Corner of Tim Russert Highway (Big Tree) and Jim Kelly Boulevard (Abbott), walking distance from the Ralph. Little far if you're staying downtown; that's why I asked ...

Okay. I was wondering there for a minute. There's no Danny's downtown. I assume some enthusiastic football fans will be on hand? BTW, isn't Southwestern now Tim Russert Blvd?

PTR

As much as I'm tempted to make the drive to Pittsburgh, where would you recommend I watch that game in Buffalo? Requirements include multiple large screen HD TV's, good food, decent draught selection (not just Bud and Miller), and a raucous crowd.

PTR

Wild Wings on Elmwood usually has a good crowd and Bada Bing's has a lot of TV's and I heard good wings but have never had them myself.

Tully's near Airport isn't bad.

Right near the Buffalo Brew Pub, not a bad place. Brennan's is right there as well...

Okay. I was wondering there for a minute. There's no Danny's downtown. I assume some enthusiastic football fans will be on hand? BTW, isn't Southwestern now Tim Russert Blvd?

PTR

We assumed it was going to be Southwestern (20), but when the announcement was made, they said 20A (Big Tree). Don't remember seeing any signage on the way into the Detroit game, though.

If you venture out our way, Danny's is normally pretty full the night before the opener. (Thanks in not-so-small-a-part to us.) Don't know how rowdy it'll be ... can't ever remember a Bulls game being on TV before. You're more than welcome to join us, though.

Or, if you want SUPER-rowdy, why not find something close to campus?

We assumed it was going to be Southwestern (20), but when the announcement was made, they said 20A (Big Tree). Don't remember seeing any signage on the way into the Detroit game, though.

If you venture out our way, Danny's is normally pretty full the night before the opener. (Thanks in not-so-small-a-part to us.) Don't know how rowdy it'll be ... can't ever remember a Bulls game being on TV before. You're more than welcome to join us, though.

Or, if you want SUPER-rowdy, why not find something close to campus?

I'm just looking for someplace that will be paying attention to the game and cheering along. I don't want to be the only guy in the corner cheering for UB when everyone else is watching USC or Georgia, or worse, golf.

PTR