Palin... will she gain some of the Hillary supporters?

pBills

Women's Voices/Women Vote Action Fund commissioned a women's focus group of former Hillary Clinton supporters for Palin's speech coordinated by Anna Greenberg and Stan Greenberg of Greenberg, Quinlan, Rosner Research (article here).

While they seemd to think she was a good speaker, it doesn't look like former Clintonista's in Nevada were that impressed with the substance or tone.

And they're not down with her anti-choice stance.

Frank Luntz's AARP focus group drew the same conclusions.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But again, experience in what? How does the experience being the executive of a small town weigh against being the junior senator from Massachusetts for 20 years, or being a civil lawyer in class-action lawsuits, or being the head of the CIA, or commanding 11 guys on a torpedo boat in the South Pacific? What precisely is the skill set we're looking for here?

It seems clear to me that you understand that I'm not disagreeing with you here (or agreeing, for that matter). But the criteria everyone seems to be judging by seems awfully arbitrary to me, and not necessarily relevant. Hell, by the standards I'm seeing here, Ray Nagin - quite possibly the biggest clown in the Democratic Party, if not the known universe - would be more qualified than any of the four.

You're right.

The only experienced guys to be President of the USA are Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Bush father and son (and any other living former prez i may have forgotten). NO job on Earth can give you any experience about what it's like to be the chief of the first power of this planet. So why don't we forget about that "experience" stuff for the rest of the campaign and focus on what those candidates want to do once elected?!!

Completely agree with you on the economy. It's not that great right now, however for anyone (I did not say KD in CT, I said "anyone") to say that it's doing well they would be fooling themselves.

Uh, the economy is BETTER for me now than it was a year ago. Just because screw-turners and street-sweepers are struggling doesn't mean everyone is.

Uh, the economy is BETTER for me now than it was a year ago. Just because screw-turners and street-sweepers are struggling doesn't mean everyone is.

Well when you hit the bottom, there's only one way to go!

More seriously, thanks god, it looks some of the main american economic players have opened their eyes and understood the economy is not just financial profits and speculation but has to be based on a real economic reality. It was about time!

Well when you hit the bottom, there's only one way to go!

More seriously, thanks god, it looks some of the main american economic players have opened their eyes and understood the economy is not just financial profits and speculation but has to be based on a real economic reality. It was about time!

Speaking of which, what is Wall Street's reaction if any to Palin's speech?

:thumbsup: This from someone in the euro-zone?

Where exactly *IS* the bottom for the contracting economies of the euro-zone?

he JSP, the only time i have voted for the winner of the french election was the time i had the choice between Chirac and the fascist racist Le Pen! So well, i dont feel that responsible for the constant failure and decline of the french economy those last 35 years...

and to answer to your question... i have no clue but that looks pretty deep ...